• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are measured straight from being knit. They quickly loosen up. Sizing is on par with our polos. I am a 40” chest and wear a large in the shawl cardigans and the polos, here’s a quick pic. For a relaxed fit I recommend the following.

M - 38
L - 40
XL - 42
XXL - 44

View attachment 1294810
Hmm interesting. My body measurements are similiar to Mac up there and a medium looks snug on him.

Your chest is 2" bigger, and the same size looks less snug.

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Do they just "loosen up" or do they actually stretch/give? I'm typically a size 43/44 (US large) chest and am wondering if an XL or XXL would be better.

XXL imo

it’s a hand knitted garment so it certainly stretches quite easily.

Hmm interesting. My body measurements are similiar to Mac up there and a medium looks snug on him.

Your chest is 2" bigger, and the same size looks less snug.

I’m wearing a large in my pic. I’m also 2” shorter than Mac. And I’ve pulled it to fit the way I like. I have a long torso so I stretch it down a bit.

The site pics on the green, cream, and brown pages are all also me wearing a size large. For further comparison.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XXL imo

it’s a hand knitted garment so it certainly stretches quite easily.

I’m wearing a large in my pic. I’m also 2” shorter than Mac. And I’ve pulled it to fit the way I like. I have a long torso so I stretch it down a bit.

The site pics on the green, cream, and brown pages are all also me wearing a size large. For further comparison.
OH ok, this gives me a much better idea for fit, thanks.

I'm broke for this winter, will these cardigans be a permanent fixture and here next fall as well?

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
You guys are monsters. Sold out of everything except mediums in the grey and navy after the first 24 hours. I didn't even get a chance to shoot the other photos until today.

In any case, we are working on a restock now for an ETA of January 31st. You can still preorder your size online if you would like to reserve stock in the next round.

Here are some more shots for you guys to check out. The grey is incredibly cool up close. It's actually a mix of grey and brown along with a slight hint of teal in it.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar proportions look perfect to me, and I love the raglan shoulders.

How breathable is it while inside?

I have a very thick shawl cotton cardigan that turns me into a furnace. Curious to see how wool compares.

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Collar proportions look perfect to me, and I love the raglan shoulders.

How breathable is it while inside?

I have a very thick shawl cotton cardigan that turns me into a furnace. Curious to see how wool compares.

Wore one the other day while indoors and i'd say its comparable to something like a thick tweed sportcoat in terms of warmth. So it can get a little warm if you sit by a window with the sun coming in.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore one the other day while indoors and i'd say its comparable to something like a thick tweed sportcoat in terms of warmth. So it can get a little warm if you sit by a window with the sun coming in.
Gotcha, thanks for the info again Jesse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics