• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnsson

Reaction score
We've overhauled our website! https://www.kentwang.com

We'd appreciate your feedback.
Looks good, but one bit of constructive criticism I have is that the MTM program is too buried in the structure. Maybe I'm thick, but I feel like there's no intuitive way for new clients to locate that information, and that it's even a bit awkward for existing clients.

Suits header -> Charcoal Trial Suit -> More Details link -> MTM section way down the page.

I feel like it would be better to just have an MTM link under Suits, now that you have the option of handy dandy sub-menus. It could take you to a page that lays out how the program works, links to the swatches and options, and then lets you add the charcoal trial suit to the cart.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good ideas here. We'll work on these with our website developer. A lot of tweaks we need to make to the website.

Any word on the polo restock? I'm holding on for a large navy rugby.
We've finally gotten the navy, grey, and white fabrics after delays from the fabric mill so we're now looking at Dec 30.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, willing to sell the cream shawl cardigan in size Large for the same price that I purchased it for, minus shipping costs. Unworn. Still in the box.

$195 USD shipped

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall look and feel of the new site is nice. Clean and simple. I agree that MTM is hard to find - it could warrant its own category, especially if the program is a main focus.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
I like the new look of the site as well. However, I just happened upon another potential glitch with the suits section. When I searched for 42R, it brought up 10 products. Several of those were showing as sold out once you went to their respective pages.

Bryan101

Reaction score
Last night I posted in a separate thread a review of my experience having a MTM tuxedo made with Kent Wang. I'm not going to recount all of the points reached here, but in short I was / am not satisfied.

One of the pain points is that I am still missing one of the items I ordered, a Tuxedo Shirt for my wedding in roughly 3 weeks. I've received no response on the subject (has the shirt been made, has it been shipped, etc etc ) despite several e-mail inquiries.

To avoid any possilbe last minute disasters... wouldn't you know it, planning a wedding is stressful and there are a lot of balls in the air... I've had to make alternate arrangements buy purchasing something off the rack with the intent to have it taken in.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Last night I posted in a separate thread a review of my experience having a MTM tuxedo made with Kent Wang. I'm not going to recount all of the points reached here, but in short I was / am not satisfied.

One of the pain points is that I am still missing one of the items I ordered, a Tuxedo Shirt for my wedding in roughly 3 weeks. I've received no response on the subject (has the shirt been made, has it been shipped, etc etc ) despite several e-mail inquiries.

To avoid any possilbe last minute disasters... wouldn't you know it, planning a wedding is stressful and there are a lot of balls in the air... I've had to make alternate arrangements buy purchasing something off the rack with the intent to have it taken in.

Dear Bryan:

Sorry to hear of your experience.

Please email mtm@ again today and I will respond immediately.

UPDATE: OP's shirt is in the mail to him and he has been compensated for alterations.

Last edited:

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone chime in on the differences in soft canvas v. standard canvas? is it just feel or will it impact the silhouette and drape?

I want to try a Neapolitan inspired sports jacket next...

I’ve had both. I greatly prefer the soft. I can’t really tell you whether it’s like a Neapolitan jacket because I haven’t handled many, but I find the standard KW canvas too stiff for everything but the most formal suits.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
can anyone chime in on the differences in soft canvas v. standard canvas? is it just feel or will it impact the silhouette and drape?

I want to try a Neapolitan inspired sports jacket next...

The soft/light canvas has fewer layers in the chestpiece. It's still a fully sewn in canvas in the chestpiece and the quarters. It just has a little less structure than the standard canvas. I use the standard canvas for more formal/business type suits and use the soft/light canvas for casual suits and sport coats. I don't see an impact on silhouette or drape, myself.

One other thing to note is that with the soft/light canvas you can still have any kind of shoulder pad (or no pad), while with the unconstructed style the only choice is no shoulder pad at all.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The soft/light canvas has fewer layers in the chestpiece. It's still a fully sewn in canvas in the chestpiece and the quarters. It just has a little less structure than the standard canvas. I use the standard canvas for more formal/business type suits and use the soft/light canvas for casual suits and sport coats. I don't see an impact on silhouette or drape, myself.

One other thing to note is that with the soft/light canvas you can still have any kind of shoulder pad (or no pad), while with the unconstructed style the only choice is no shoulder pad at all.

Thanks! Any input on the type of shoulder you’d recommend for a Neapolitan-inspired jacket? The soft or unconstructed? I’ve read in the past you guys don’t recommend the spalla camicia

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Any input on the type of shoulder you’d recommend for a Neapolitan-inspired jacket? The soft or unconstructed? I’ve read in the past you guys don’t recommend the spalla camicia

Unconstructed for sure. The spalla is actually a rollino, and IMO only works with suits. Aaron may feel differently though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads