• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spurious

Reaction score
Same construction for all cloth levels.

Sorry, I wasn't implying the construction would change in quality. I was more talking about the quality of the fabrics. Are they worthwhile? Would they be fine for office wear? Anyone with longer term experience potentially?

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's kind of like asking whether it's worth it to pay extra for the avocado. It depends on what you want. Every mill has different cloths that are priced differently and have different characteristics and KW can source them all. Some people fawn over specialty or high end cloth, others don't. Sometimes a particular kind of cloth will cost more because it is relatively hard to find. Fresco used to be that way years ago but my sense is that it's not as rare as it once was. Expensive fabrics can run the gamut from office appropriate to wild. There is literally a world of choices.

By the by, if you are curious about cloth you might want to check out the Unfunded Liabilities thread.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't implying the construction would change in quality. I was more talking about the quality of the fabrics. Are they worthwhile? Would they be fine for office wear? Anyone with longer term experience potentially?

like @Caustic Man said, its gonna be tough for us to say if its worth it for you...some things you should consider though are the 'hand' (the feel), the weight, the weave (twill will wear slower than a plain weave, but is going to create a warmer garment than say a fresco), the pattern and range of colors. That being said, I think the VBC Four Season and the Minis Fresco III are pretty a pretty good middle ground, they are quality mills and fabrics that get mentioned a fair bit on SF and are a good quality to price ration in the KW pricing brackets (C and CL3).

Fresco is an open weave that has some weight, but due to it being an open weave will run a bit cooler than the weight normally would. It tends to have a pretty good durability and a bit of a rougher hand. VBC Four Season is lighter but still has good drape and a nice feel, there are a number of different weaves available in that range too (plain weave, twill, herringbone, birdseye, etc). Plenty of business staple patterns available in both of those ranges...

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone experience with price level A suits and the quality? I am planning on doing a few purchases of office suits and don't want to spend a fortune (plus get quite a few of them made, so don't want it to add up too much).
In terms of quality and durability, they're all very similar. A level fabrics tend to be cheaper because they're milled in larger quantities and we buy in larger quantities. We make the same amount of margin regardless of fabric cost, so we're not going to try to upsell you. The A level fabrics are a great choice. Pay more only if there's a fabric that you want that isn't available at that price level, e.g. fresco, flannel, a particular pattern you like, etc.

Any updates on this? Sorry to keep asking but originally I thought they were supposed to be restocked in the winter, so just curious if any time line is available.
Sorry we're facing delays with getting the wool/silk fabric, so it's at least 3 months away, could be much longer. I suggest just getting the silk version.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all @Kent Wang today …

Suit: Kent Wang MTM (Harrison's Mersolair Linen)
Polo: Kent Wang
Pocket Square x 2: Kent Wang Dupioni cream & orange silk
Glasses: Kent Wang

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

Thilgela

Reaction score
Trying to place an order and got the following error when selecting paypal as payment method. Is the credit card option gone?

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Security header is not valid (#10002: Security error).

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Trying to place an order and got the following error when selecting paypal as payment method. Is the credit card option gone?

PayPal gateway has rejected request. Security header is not valid (#10002: Security error).

Hmm, I am not sure. We are looking into it right now and I will get back to you.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

We've just fixed this problem. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! We'll email you a $20 gift code.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads