• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ptr1988

Reaction score
I did, but Im just trying to hear some recommendations/opinions from the SF community as well

hijones5

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of experience with BB or Gant sizing, but I'm about 5'10", ~150lbs, and I measure 38" around my chest. In more modern, slimmer-cut jackets I'm closer to a 38 (I'm closest to a 38 in KW jackets but when I ordered a suit, I started from the 39 because of the shoulders). I find that a medium fits me very well in KW's polos and rugby shirts. Initially I thought I might be a large due to the advice to "size up," but if you're close to my measurements, you're probably going to be happier with a medium (YMMV, of course). As some have mentioned before, the length is slightly on the long side (helps if you want to tuck it in, though if you're much shorter than I am, you might consider getting it shortened slightly if you want to wear it untucked). The midsection is definitely slim, which I find very flattering if you have a leaner torso.

While I'm on the subject... I machine wash mine on cold and hang dry them; you're going to see some potentially undesirable shrinkage if you machine dry them (I accidentally did this to one of my polos; it's still wearable but not as nice of a fit as the others). Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality of construction and the fit. I'd imagine that if you ordered a medium and it didn't fit right, you could turn it pretty quickly on B&S and try again.

I'm about 5'11 and weigh about 78kg, would you then suggest i go the large? i am medium in everything usually,
thanks very much for your help

boggly

Reaction score
I'm about 5'11 and weigh about 78kg, would you then suggest i go the large? i am medium in everything usually,
thanks very much for your help
That's a tough one. As @novaeagle said, sizing up is the general rule, and I also found the measurements helpful. That said, take a look at how the shoulders and chest will fit you; the length and arms (you're thinking rugby, right?) on a medium probably still wouldn't be an issue, but if you've got a bit of a gut or really broad shoulders, you might be better off with large. Sorry I can't be more help, but you could certainly try emailing KW themselves to ask more specifically for advice. Good luck!

loxo

Reaction score
Hey folks, what would y'all rate as the best (or top 2-3) squares from KW? Looking to start expanding, with as versatile a collection as possible. A few I'm eyeballing:

Carta Marina
Shinagawa
Earthly Delights
Great Wave
Hunt of the Unicorn

The fact of the matter is I will probably end up with all at some point, but would be curious to know how the SF community rates the above, and other unmentioned KW squares?

Note: I currently have the Rickshaw and Francoise, which I love.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@loxo thanks for the input, and for deviating from my list. I definitely didn't want to pigeonhole the options to those 5 or so...added preferences are much appreciated.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First romp with the Shinagawa...lovely piece, and much more intricate than my desktop made it appear. The cherry blossoms, which I thought to be pure white at first glance, are laced with nice amounts of textured pink...

Will be fun to play around with it and switch it around, to play with different colors.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received this MTM suit recently. I like the way the jacket turned out, the pants had to be worked on by my tailor pretty extensively - id advise others to not stray too far from the house cut.

doodledoc

Reaction score
Received this MTM suit recently. I like the way the jacket turned out, the pants had to be worked on by my tailor pretty extensively - id advise others to not stray too far from the house cut.

The jacket looks very good. Only thing I would recommend is moving the buttons down slightly. The buttons look slightly high no?

designated

Reaction score
@Kent Wang Will there be restock of the swim trunks soon? Been waiting for a few months for size 32!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to happily retract my previously held belief that Wang's cufflinks were too large for functional, use, especially as pertains to the back side of the link.

Every other shirt I have tried my black pearls with has worked easily, or, due to my lack of ambidexterity, easily enough lol...and not once have I wanted to curl up in a fetal position and cry whilst trying to thread them through.

Conclusion is the initial shirt with which I tried them had exceedingly small link openings.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tiger hickory umbrellas

@Kent Wang Will there be restock of the swim trunks soon? Been waiting for a few months for size 32!
We had them all ready to go but had some problems with the buckles, so now we're waiting on these super premium buckles from Italy. Hopefully they'll be ready in another month, but hard to say.

doodledoc

Reaction score

I want to emphasize that when you look closely as the black pearl cufflinks, they're black, green and pink. Not what I expected but I'm happier that they look this way.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed @doodledoc they take on more of a graphite/chrome hybrid in my view, while picking up various tones depending on lighting...much more versatile than I initially expected.

gambit50

Reaction score
Any holiday or post holiday period codes or coupons usually come out for KW?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads