• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between the lasting and the channeled soles I think they're much better than AE. The stitching is all very good and on both pairs of my AEs I've had to police up stray stitching. I wear an 8.5D in AE 5 last and I got a 7 1/2 in the KW and I could easily go down to 7.

Wow, a full size to 1.5 down!! Thanks for your insight!

smilenow

Reaction score

Was all excited to post new shoes today but they're too big
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

Here they are anyway. Kent Wang/Pantherella/Mabitex

I found the picture in the thread. They look even better here.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It may depend on your monitor, can you differentiate all the below shades? We use a calibrated monitor.

grayscale.gif

Yes, I can differentiate between all those shades on my monitor. I'd like to see some more pictures of the standard charcoal being worn in various lighting conditions, but I guess I just prefer a slightly lighter shade. But as long as it doesn't look black--or too close to it--in person, I'd be fine with it. I'd be nervous ordering a non-exchangeable MTM in one of the other fabrics.

The shoulder options are: standard (as used in the sample suit), roped, soft, no padding, and no padding with spalla camicia (Neapolitan-style "waterfall" shoulder—if you don't know what this is, don't order it; I find it rather garish).

That's great that you're offering multiple shoulder options! :nodding:

EvilFish

Reaction score
Hold on - can I just clarify this?

$650 for a proper MTM, fully canvassed suit with handmade buttonholes, horn buttons, and a variety of shoulder options?

Kent, are you a wizard?

GradSchooler

Reaction score
I, too, am starting to think that Kent is a wizard.

Kent, can we get a 3-roll-2 with MTM?

Al in Philly

Reaction score
I was going to spend my tax refund on a grey Suit Supply suit, but now I'm going to get a Kent Wang. If he does for me what he did for Spoo it looks way too good to pass up.

Uunottaja

Reaction score
After receiving some items from KW, I am mainly happy with the quality.

-The polo shirt fabric feels extremely nice, the collar has a nice shape and the buttons are great. However, I don't think the fit is all that slim (even when taking the sizing stuff into account).

-The shirts have a very good quality and nice fit, buttons on my other shirt (returned for a correct size) were sewn into the shirt somewhat hastily with lots of loose pieces of string etc., but the other one was totally fine. Great buttons again. The shrinkage is quite dramatic I have to say, as addressed by kent on the web page. Overall I've been very happy.

-Pocket squares are what you would expect them to be. I prefer mine bigger especially in silk squares.

-Ties. Basically the only negative experience with the KW products has been the grenadine ties. When compared to my other grenadines of not that much higher price, I feel they are very thick and kind of stiff, not nice at all. Feels like like what I think two of grenadine ties sewn together would feel like.

The customer service is quite fast and very friendly, I've been very happy with that.

Jackie Treehorn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You're one scrawny ass mofo.

It's a testament to his tailoring that his suits make him appear rather...substantial. I never would have guessed that he's as thin as his height and weight measurements would lead me to believe he must be.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not great at discerning quality differences between high-end shoes, the nicest shoes I own are a pair of C&J Connaught. In any case, the lasting is very sleek and I especially like the waist of the shoe, I think it makes me look taller. The leather is thick but not super stiff but it's nowhere near as soft as the CJs. There were a couple minor scuffs, I assume from manufacturing, that disappeared with some cream. The soles are beautiful and flawless as far as my untrained eye can tell. Comparing them with AEs they are definitely a step above. I'm happy with the purchase. For what it's worth, Spoo said he really likes them when I posted them in the trou/sock/shoe thread.

One objective thing I want to point out is that my soles are channeled, as in the sole stitching is hidden so it's not exposed to wear. Only C&J handgrade and other high brands do this. C&J benchgrade, AE, Alden do not.

A comparison of my benchgrade last versus the Alden Plaza last. You decide which looks better.

Wow, a full size to 1.5 down!! Thanks for your insight!
I'm re-doing the sizing on the shoes. Before you order, email me what sizes you wear in other brands and I'll suggest which size to get.

They seem to fit decently enough to me, but I'm not the best when it comes to evaluating these things... Here are some quick pics I snapped. What say you?
http://i42.tinypic.com/2z7r7t5.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2yvj51j.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/dp9y6u.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/ind1sy.jpg
That looks like it fits you well, so if you wear M in the polos you should get 36 in suits.

OK, seriously, though -- Does VBC = Vitale Barberis Canonico? And if so -- good stuff?
Yes on both counts. I just had a suit made up in it; will post pics soon.

I, too, am starting to think that Kent is a wizard.
Kent, can we get a 3-roll-2 with MTM?
Yes, the front options are:

1 button (I've doing this myself lately)
2 button
3 button
3-roll-2
6x2 double-breasted peak lapel

I'm going to make a web form that has all the options illustrated soon.

Last edited:

Uunottaja

Reaction score

I'm 6' 180 and Kent's clothes (which I love) are all crazy tight on me. They are made for skinny dudes, not gym rats.

I would agree to that with shirts. The arm holes are a bit small and the diameter in the sleeve isn't very roomy. However, the polos are about the same as PRL custom fit, which I think is very baggy.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
acridsheep, i've seen picture of you, and you're really not that buff...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads