• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my navy/white rugby polo.

Very well thought out design choices for collar. It felt floppy in my hand, but wearing it, it maintained its shape quite well and was very comfortable. Slightly higher collar band would be nice.

It did require a bit of fussing to get into place under a sports coat, but seemed to stay there. We'll see how it does with a full day's wear.

Any plans on expanding the colour range for polos and rugbies?

Blastwice

Reaction score
Somebody speak on the wool/silk squares please.

I just ordered 4 of these I think so I'll let you know my thoughts when they arrive.

Actually I do have a question about them-- wool/silk blend squares can I toss them in the wash in a small garment bag (like I do with my cloth masks) and then air dry or is that too harsh?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 4 of these I think so I'll let you know my thoughts when they arrive.

Actually I do have a question about them-- wool/silk blend squares can I toss them in the wash in a small garment bag (like I do with my cloth masks) and then air dry or is that too harsh?
Unless you’re using them as tissue, I can’t imagine the need, but I’d be stunned if they could handle a wash (even without spin) without becoming severely compromised.
No tags on KW (excellent choice, imo), but I’d feel safe saying they’re spot or dry clean only.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Unless you’re using them as tissue, I can’t imagine the need, but I’d be stunned if they could handle a wash (even without spin) without becoming severely compromised.
No tags on KW (excellent choice, imo), but I’d feel safe saying they’re spot or dry clean only.

Figured as much. But I didn't want to look silly bringing a bunch of squares to the dry cleaner if it wasn't necesary.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering grabbing two six fold ties. Anyone that could speak to the overall weight and interlining? Are the ties hefty or "air-y"?

I have these two in mind:

The herringbone pattern looks discrete enough, that they could pass for solids from a distance.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Considering grabbing two six fold ties. Anyone that could speak to the overall weight and interlining? Are the ties hefty or "air-y"?

I have these two in mind:

The herringbone pattern looks discrete enough, that they could pass for solids from a distance.
All our ties are on the hefty side and tie an excellent knot

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
_DSC5277_2.jpg

New ancient madder ties.

Should I call them big paisley and small paisley? Seems a little inelegant.

Verve

Reaction score
I just received a couple of pocket squares: Taurus Orion & Chambray Grey (looks more blue than grey to me). I haven’t read this entire thread, but if anyone wants a mediocre iPhone pic of them in the wild, I’ll post them once I wear them next.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Handgrade boot Handgrade monkstrap
$100 shoe clearance

We're discontinuing all of our shoes (except sneakers), and discounting them by $100. This means we won't be restocking them. When they sell out, they'll be gone forever.

While our shoes are superb, have received excellent reviews, and are some of the best value-for-money on the market, they just take up too much space in our warehouse.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Handgrade boot Handgrade monkstrap
$100 shoe clearance

We're discontinuing all of our shoes (except sneakers), and discounting them by $100. This means we won't be restocking them. When they sell out, they'll be gone forever.

While our shoes are superb, have received excellent reviews, and are some of the best value-for-money on the market, they just take up too much space in our warehouse.

Any SF Discounts?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We don't do sales or discounts. We believe it's better to have one low price for everyone at all times. Other stores artificially inflate retail prices so they can offer discounts later—we don't. There's no need to wait for a sale, our prices are low year-round.

You can read more about our philosophy on our About page.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics