• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Megakurth

Reaction score
Just saw the restock info on IG and looking to pick up a couple pocket squares. Just curious what everyone's preference is on the material? My instinct would be to go with the wool/silk but what are the pros/cons of each.

Is there any side by side shots?
I have the great wave in both silk and wool/silk. I find that in general wool/silk tend to slip/move less and holds shape better throughout the day.

demondeac

Reaction score
What's taking so long to restock the polos? I've been waiting since last spring to order a navy, white, grey, and light blue polos. The website is now saying they're not expected until September 2021. A year and a half is crazy long! Any insight that you can share?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's taking so long to restock the polos? I've been waiting since last spring to order a navy, white, grey, and light blue polos. The website is now saying they're not expected until September 2021. A year and a half is crazy long! Any insight that you can share?

From what I’ve gathered, the MTM/MTO side of the business is pretty separate from the RTW/accessories side. I believe the MTM stuff is run by Aaron out of NYC and I believe Kent himself runs the other part remotely from abroad

I’ve never bought any of their RTW clothing because of sizing issues, but from why I can remember it’s been that way for a while

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

We're changing suppliers and it takes a long time to get samples, make sure they're made correctly, get a second round of samples, etc.

White and navy polos will be restocked first around June 30. You can go to each polo web page and sign up to be notified when it's restocked.

demondeac

Reaction score
We're changing suppliers and it takes a long time to get samples, make sure they're made correctly, get a second round of samples, etc.

White and navy polos will be restocked first around June 30. You can go to each polo web page and sign up to be notified when it's restocked.

Thanks for letting me know! I've been patiently waiting and was sad to see that I might go another summer without them if they're not in until 9/30.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Kent Wang sport coat yesterday, and realized I hadn't shared my thoughts on the process in this thread.

20210408_212350176_iOS.jpg
20210408_115340810_iOS.jpg
20210408_120313020_iOS.jpg

The Process:
This is the first time for me to go through a fitting analysis with a trial jacket. I took some pictures to send to Aaron to kick-off the discussions. We needed front, back and side shots, as well as a front shot without the jacket to provide some shoulder slope context (without the jacket in the way). Glad we did this as @aaronatKW's expert eye picked out what needed to be done.

Key adjustments were around sleeve pitch and some shoulder and posture adjustments. Nothing major, but a half cm here and there can make a big difference.

The key details of the jacket are as follows: 3R2 with wide lapels, soft full canvas construction, con rollino shoulders (you can see the nice execution in the second pic above), and triple patch pockets. Since the fabric I chose is a wool/silk/linen blend in a fairly light weight from Gladson's Portofino collection, I opted for the quarter lining in a dark tan bemberg.

The Outcome:
The pattern matching is quite well done. I'm especially pleased with the round patch pockets. The shoulders and sleeve head are just fine, but it's really well aligned between the sleeve and body when my arms are at my sides. The three patch pockets are perfectly placed, and have quite a nice shape. Obviously, the scale of the pattern has a pretty big impact on where and how the pattern can be matched. I did go with the extensive pick stitching, and was very pleased with the execution.

IMG_9480.JPG

Moving inside the jacket, the soft canvas is a dream. It's supple with excellent drape. Something unexpected is a strip of fabric that connects the skirt in behind the rear flap. Considering I have something of a prominent posterior, this helps ensure the sides and back of the jacket hang cleanly (along with a couple of the other adjustments Aaron suggested). Since it's quarter lined, I can appreciate the nice finishing work on all the seams.

Fit - Shoulder, chest and jacket length are all spot on. I'm really pleased with how the jacket feels being worn. One thing I'd adjust for the next go around is to take 1cm off the sleeve length; I'm undecided if I will take it in for alterations.

Final Thoughts:
Surprisingly, there isn't a dedicated portal to access the MTM program - it's a bit buried within the website. For instance, from the home page you have to navigate to suits from the listing across the header, then select jacket from the dropdown. Then, once you're there you must select one of the jacket options. Within each of those individual product pages, on the right hand side you can click the "more details" link, which takes you to another page where you can see fit details, pricing, and links to the options form and fabric listings. Alternatively, you can find it by going to the "about" section, and leveraging the links on the right side of that page. Additionally, you can search for "made to measure" and a whole selection of fabrics (with pricing!) are available in the results. But links to the options form, process outline and fabrics are still hard to get to.

It's really a shame considering the results! I think the MTM program deserves more prominence. And if some attention is going to be put to that end, I'd also suggest looking at the pricing structure for fabrics and how to connect it to the fabric selections, and encourage a more customer friendly, streamlined approach. Now, while I make that suggestion, I realize how work-intensive that would be considering the breadth of fabrics and mills that they have access to. Maybe I'm not a typical buyer who comes to KW with a fabric already in mind, and gets a quote from there.

As I said before, correspondence with Aaron was both timely and pleasant. I'm very happy to have had that guidance through the process.

Receiving the garment was a bit of a let-down, at least initially. The jacket was rolled up into a plastic bag, and sent via a soft shipping package without a garment bag or hanger. While I understand (and appreciate!) the cost-savings and general no-frills approach, the experience might be less than inspiring for someone purchasing a higher end fabric.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Surprisingly, there isn't a dedicated portal to access the MTM program - it's a bit buried within the website. For instance, from the home page you have to navigate to suits from the listing across the header, then select jacket from the dropdown. Then, once you're there you must select one of the jacket options. Within each of those individual product pages, on the right hand side you can click the "more details" link, which takes you to another page where you can see fit details, pricing, and links to the options form and fabric listings. Alternatively, you can find it by going to the "about" section, and leveraging the links on the right side of that page. Additionally, you can search for "made to measure" and a whole selection of fabrics (with pricing!) are available in the results. But links to the options form, process outline and fabrics are still hard to get to.
Thanks for the review! Yes, making the MTM process more clear on the website is something I want to do. It won't be easy but hopefully we can implement some small changes step-by-step soon.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! Yes, making the MTM process more clear on the website is something I want to do. It won't be easy but hopefully we can implement some small changes step-by-step soon.
Sorry I didn't share it sooner! Happy to help provide more detailed feedback via email if you'd like, or help validate changes as you plan them.

Like I said, fantastic outcome. Let's help more people find it!

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy short-sleeved polo arrived today and it's just a little large in the body and shoulders (not by very much). Any idea how much it would shrink in the dryer at low heat? It's a size small, so I can't size down.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will shrink a bit after washing and drying several times. But be careful not to overdo it. The polos are very soft and better quality than the crap I used to buy at Banana Rephblic. Wear in good health!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Navy short-sleeved polo arrived today and it's just a little large in the body and shoulders (not by very much). Any idea how much it would shrink in the dryer at low heat? It's a size small, so I can't size down.
Roughly 0.5" in width, maybe 0.75" in length. Hard to say, the dryer can be unpredictable

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone with real world experience on the aloha shirts? Specifically, do they shrink?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
anyone with real world experience on the aloha shirts? Specifically, do they shrink?
I wear the aloha shirts every day (yes that's my life now).

Over a few washes, if hang dried, shrinkage will be almost imperceptible. The neck will shrink about 0.25" and the shirt length about 0.5"

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the aloha shirts every day (yes that's my life now).

Over a few washes, if hang dried, shrinkage will be almost imperceptible. The neck will shrink about 0.25" and the shirt length about 0.5"
Thanks Kent (and lucky you!).

God forbid this gets thrown in the dryer, would it shrink a whole size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads