• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Someone in this thread mentioned at some point of a possible dispatch centre in EU, did that actually ever become a thing? I'd love to buy some polos (and possibly the famed shawl cardigan) but shipping & taxes make it out of the question.

Failing that, anyone can recommend an EU-based alternative for good polos with shirt collar? I have been looking for them everywhere for months, without success.
The best one I've found so far are Yeossal's amazing long sleeved one-piece- collar polos at a reasonable price, but still outside EU sadly.
Some brands do offer jersey popovers, which are close enough to a long sleeve polo I suppose, but still no short-sleeved versions to be found.

Last edited:

ahtynes

Reaction score
Someone in this thread mentioned at some point of a possible dispatch centre in EU, did that actually ever become a thing? I'd love to buy some polos (and possibly the famed shawl cardigan) but shipping & taxes make it out of the question.

Failing that, anyone can recommend an EU-based alternative for good polos with shirt collar? I have been looking for them everywhere for months, without success.
The best one I've found so far are Yeossal's amazing long sleeved one-piece- collar polos at a reasonable price, but still outside EU sadly.
Some brands do offer jersey popovers, which are close enough to a long sleeve polo I suppose, but still no short-sleeved versions to be found.

I don't really want to derail the thread with another vendor, but for this specific problem I'd recommend Natalino (based in the UK).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am getting a lot of restock notifications.... any chance we could get an update of what is being restocked so we can know when to make one big purchase rather than three small ones?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We have no plans to have a warehouse in the EU. The costs are simply too high. We ship with USPS which our customers around the world report as not having to pay any import tax.

Other retailers ship with UPS, FedEx, DHL but these commercial couriers are overzealous about collecting import tax, as they can also charge additional fees on top of the taxes. USPS, being a government postal service, avoids this problem.

I am getting a lot of restock notifications.... any chance we could get an update of what is being restocked so we can know when to make one big purchase rather than three small ones?
Most products that are out of stock on the website show an expected date of restock. If they don't, you can always email us at [email protected]

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Some new things for the new year:

1. Lower gorge lapels are now available in a full range of widths, for both notch and peak lapel styles. In the past, we only had a lower gorge notch 8.2 cm wide. Now we have many. Below is one with 10.2 cm (about 4 inches) in a linen cotton fabric for summer. Also note the edge stitching: it's top stitching (by machine) which gives more stitches per inch for a clean, distinct line.

IMG_0284 (2).jpg

2. Our double breasted peak lapel overcoat model has been redesigned. Lapels now swoop in a classic way. The below model is made of 720g herringbone tweed from the Marling & Evans Naturals collection of undyed wool. As with all other MTM clothing we can make you one online via remote trial fittings, or you can visit us in the New York shop.

_DSC5100.JPG

Lastly (for now) is an entirely new range of knit (not woven) fabrics -- Andiamo from Gladson.

Suiting on the left, jacketing on the right, though some fabrics work well either way.

Price is surprisingly reasonable. As ever, contact [email protected] for details.

IMG_0537 2.JPG

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
FYI -- Goodyear welted dress shoes are being discontinued--already marked down $50 from their original prices (reflected on current website pricing).

Benchgrades start at 295
Handgrades (formerly from DC Lewis) at $395. Thanks to @thisfits

For those few of you on the fence about these, this is your annual reminder these things are built to last and an even more absurd value at the discount price. Benchgrade captoes now over 8 years old:

20210201_134803.jpg
20210201_134948.jpg

Proof:

KW Order.png

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some new things for the new year:

1. Lower gorge lapels are now available in a full range of widths, for both notch and peak lapel styles. In the past, we only had a lower gorge notch 8.2 cm wide. Now we have many. Below is one with 10.2 cm (about 4 inches) in a linen cotton fabric for summer. Also note the edge stitching: it's top stitching (by machine) which gives more stitches per inch for a clean, distinct line.

1. View attachment 1544096

2. Our double breasted peak lapel overcoat model has been redesigned. Lapels now swoop in a classic way. The below model is made of 720g herringbone tweed from the Marling & Evans Naturals collection of undyed wool. As with all other MTM clothing we can make you one online via remote trial fittings, or you can visit us in the New York shop.

View attachment 1544144

Lastly (for now) is an entirely new range of knit (not woven) fabrics -- Andiamo from Gladson.

Suiting on the left, jacketing on the right, though some fabrics work well either way.

Price is surprisingly reasonable. As ever, contact [email protected] for details.

View attachment 1544147
Are new options going to be listed online? Or are these more of a ‘if you know, you know’?

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Are new options going to be listed online? Or are these more of a ‘if you know, you know’?

Working on it! But the 10.2 cm lower gorge notch lapel and top stitching shown in the blue jacket photo are on the order form already, as are the lower gorge notch lapel options in other widths.

Until the other options are on the website, and whenever you have any MTM question, just email [email protected] and we'll get back to you promptly.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Anyone have experience/thoughts on KW's fragrance offerings?

mosivy

Reaction score
Anyone have experience/thoughts on KW's fragrance offerings?

I have smelled them in person in New York. I have never ordered but I would say they are quite nice. They could perhaps do a better job describing them online.

Fancy Pants

Reaction score
Just saw the restock info on IG and looking to pick up a couple pocket squares. Just curious what everyone's preference is on the material? My instinct would be to go with the wool/silk but what are the pros/cons of each.

Is there any side by side shots?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvm

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Just saw the restock info on IG and looking to pick up a couple pocket squares. Just curious what everyone's preference is on the material? My instinct would be to go with the wool/silk but what are the pros/cons of each.

No preference here but overall, silk is more lustrous and takes color better than silk/wool. So it depends on the effect you want. And wool fabric composition tilts a little more toward fall/winter wear, while silk works equally well in all seasons.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wool silk for FW. All silk can be worn in all seasons, but it tends to have more of a sheen/wetness to it, so it looks "slick", and sometimes a bit much for sport coat looks in fall and winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads