• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a black rugby. Anyone else have one and would like to post a photo so I can get some styling inspiration?

Pretty much love pairing it will any of my brown jackets.

2020-12-05 10.16.09_edited.jpg

2020-12-05 10.18.34_edited.jpg

2020-10-06 09.29.28_edited.jpg

2020-06-16 15.36.44_edited.jpg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, these look great! I like how well the collar stands underneath the jacket. Have you had any issues with the color fading in a normal cold machine wash?

so far so good, but it’s only been through about 3-4 wash cycles so far as I just picked it up this year. I have a navy as well that I’ve had for much longer, it’s held up incredibly well over the years

MaE

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the quite nice shawl collar cardigans from Kent Wang but am not sure about which size I should get.

I usually am between sizes 38-40 in sportcoats (I do have broad shoulders, that's why I often need to take size 40 and get the rest altered) and the size-charts on the site suggests me to take a size "L" for their cardigans. The only thing that makes me a bit unsure is the chest measurement, at 19 inches. Isn't that quite small?

Does anyone have an experience with a cardigan in L? How does it fit?

Thanks in advance!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the quite nice shawl collar cardigans from Kent Wang but am not sure about which size I should get.

I usually am between sizes 38-40 in sportcoats (I do have broad shoulders, that's why I often need to take size 40 and get the rest altered) and the size-charts on the site suggests me to take a size "L" for their cardigans. The only thing that makes me a bit unsure is the chest measurement, at 19 inches. Isn't that quite small?

Does anyone have an experience with a cardigan in L? How does it fit?

Thanks in advance!
Jesse in the photos is wearing a L cardigan. He is 5’9”, 175 lbs (175 cm, 80 kg) and wears 40R in suits.

The loose, stretchy knit of the shawl cardigan makes the fit very forgiving.

Reactions: MaE

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually take sweaters with an 18 or 19” p2p, and the KW size S (17” p2p) fits me perfectly.

Reactions: MaE

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone owned (or tried) both the KW cardigan and the Scott & Charters cardigans?

rdstour

Reaction score
FYI -- Goodyear welted dress shoes are being discontinued--already marked down $50 from their original prices (reflected on current website pricing).

Benchgrades start at 295
Handgrades (formerly from DC Lewis) at $395. Thanks to @thisfits

Jlord

Reaction score
Has anyone owned (or tried) both the KW cardigan and the Scott & Charters cardigans?
Yes. I own an S&C cardigan and have handled Northern Watters (the producer for KW) cardigans and knitwear.
What would you like to know?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics