• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wafflingwaffles

Reaction score
Can anyone with both the Spier cardigan and the Kent Wang cardigan help me decide between the two pls lol

zach@kentwang

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we happen to have an extra custom shawl cardigan from a recent order in Dark Green available for anyone who thinks it might fit. It is a base size Small, with -2" taken off the sleeves and no change to the body. We are selling it at a discounted price of $165. No defects. Check out the color sample on our custom cardigan page. This is a gorgeous color for the upcoming winter season.

Send us an email at [email protected] if you're interested!

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Safari jackets are live!

2020-10-20 12.27.49_edited.jpg

2020-09-12 12.24.06_edited.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks. Prob been asked a ton but looking for sizing advice on the cardigan. I’m a solid 52R jacket size and usually wear a EU 41 / 16 neck shirts and L in tops. I like things fitted but not tight and would prefer the cardigan not to be slouchy. Do I go for the L or XL? Would prefer not to order both sizes to try.

professorclee

Reaction score
Hey folks. Prob been asked a ton but looking for sizing advice on the cardigan. I’m a solid 52R jacket size and usually wear a EU 41 / 16 neck shirts and L in tops. I like things fitted but not tight and would prefer the cardigan not to be slouchy. Do I go for the L or XL? Would prefer not to order both sizes to try.
Best to ask KW themselves. I asked about the safari jacket and received a response promptly. The fit was perfect when it arrived.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m a 40R jacket and wear a large in the cardigan. My pics are on the product page. If you like the way that fit looks, go with an XL

Spurious

Reaction score
Are the chopstick rests ever coming back? Was reminded by today's email.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted to make a comment from long-term use on just how good, nay great, Kent's polos are.

I've had 4 for about 5+ years now and, being in Florida, they get regular rotation. My gray and navy are probably worn at least once a week and often when I'm at home for days on end, just keep getting worn back-to-back.

And not just worn nice around the house, I've found myself doing yard work, chores, etc. in them many a time. My cats, loving little bastards, get on my my lap and claw at them and they seemingly don't pull.

And they don't get babied in the laundry - they get tossed in with my workout clothes on the max scrub settings and then hit the dryer without a care in the world.

All that, for years, and they still look great - no pilling, no pulls, shrinkage hasn't been an issue, and aside for one small spot only I see on the gray, they seemingly shrug off the usual stain mishaps.

I say all this because as I hung them yet again in my closet, I looked at the rest of my stable and realized just how far they have outpaced nearly everything else in the quality+enjoyment to cost ratio.

Definitely one of the best buys I ever made. They need to die so I can buy more. Maybe KW should rent/lease them instead of sell.

ps - still desperately want a off-white/cream one. I've filled that gap with some other maker's polos in the meantime but none are going to go the distance that KWs do.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lost my kw sunglasses. Didnt even bother to look before i ordered another pair.

They are just that good.

Pound for pound KW is the best retailer around. (Not damning with faint praise the quality breadth and price of products is astounding for such a small team)

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are the chopstick rests ever coming back? Was reminded by today's email.

Yes, we're definitely bring back some kind of chopstick rest. Might not be the horn ones as they have remained elusive as a water buffalo in a flooded rice paddy on a hot summer's day.

Just wanted to make a comment from long-term use on just how good, nay great, Kent's polos are.

I've had 4 for about 5+ years now and, being in Florida, they get regular rotation. My gray and navy are probably worn at least once a week and often when I'm at home for days on end, just keep getting worn back-to-back.

And not just worn nice around the house, I've found myself doing yard work, chores, etc. in them many a time. My cats, loving little bastards, get on my my lap and claw at them and they seemingly don't pull.

And they don't get babied in the laundry - they get tossed in with my workout clothes on the max scrub settings and then hit the dryer without a care in the world.

All that, for years, and they still look great - no pilling, no pulls, shrinkage hasn't been an issue, and aside for one small spot only I see on the gray, they seemingly shrug off the usual stain mishaps.

I say all this because as I hung them yet again in my closet, I looked at the rest of my stable and realized just how far they have outpaced nearly everything else in the quality+enjoyment to cost ratio.

Definitely one of the best buys I ever made. They need to die so I can buy more. Maybe KW should rent/lease them instead of sell.

ps - still desperately want a off-white/cream one. I've filled that gap with some other maker's polos in the meantime but none are going to go the distance that KWs do.
That's wonderful to hear.

Lost my kw sunglasses. Didnt even bother to look before i ordered another pair.

They are just that good.

Pound for pound KW is the best retailer around. (Not damning with faint praise the quality breadth and price of products is astounding for such a small team)
Don't forget you can report lost sunglasses and gloves.

My only KW complaint is that as a guy on the bigger end of the spectrum (46R jacket) I’m sized out of most things...
We're starting to offer MTM in some of our newer products, so we can now cover up to 44R for custom shawl cardigans and suits. For 46R, we can do made-to-measure suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads