Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, those are the only options for the lapels. This is one of the most pressing things I'm asking the suitmaker to implement, but who knows when that'll happen.

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

So you're saying you're trying to get the suitmaker to offer more lapel width options, if I'm understanding that statement correctly?

3. Kent Wang

Yes.

4. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Also, any plans to add more basic A-range fabric choices? In particular, a solid lighter charcoal/mid gray. Looking through the fabric options, I was somewhat surprised and disappointed not to see any.

Sorry for all the questions, Kent!

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Philly - suit looks great, well done! Thanks for posting the pic. My only question, do you think the quarters are open enough? If I remember correctly, I think Spoo had the same issue with his first suit. It doesn't look bad in the pics, but under the buttoning point it kinda looks like the rest of the jacket sort of hangs there, whereas many other jackets that are nipped snugly at the waist seem to flare open a bit more.

Also - any guidance from anyone on my shoe question? Thanks!

6. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Good point about the quarters. I'd like to see them a bit more open as well to get that nice "X" look versus a "Y". I wonder if that can be adjusted on the MTM suit?

7. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I actually like a more classic look, and therefore don't mind the quarters where they are. Maybe it's just my body type too. They may be more open on someone shorter or a little less skinny.

8. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Question: As peak lapels are generally wider than notch, how is the width measured on the peak lapel? Would a 4.5 inch peak lapel be extremely wide or would it look seeing as it's a peak lapel?

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

it is not stated on the front page but does kent offer a SF affiliate code? if not no worries. going to pick up some ties but had to ask :foo:

10. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I think peak lapels generally look better when they are fairly wide. I am a huge admirer of most of Spoo's suits (who here isn't?), and this one I recently came across in another thread is no exception: [​IMG] I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting this here! It's a Tom Ford, I believe. Look at those lapels. F*cking awesome! He mentioned they are 4.5 inches. Definitely on the wide side, but I don't think they are too extreme. I'd really love to see pics of the different lapel configurations available on the Kent Wang suit, as I'm strongly considering 4.5 inch notch lapels. From my observations, a low buttoning stance and high gorge softens the look of wide lapels, as they don't flare out at quite as aggressive of an angle as they would with a higher buttoning stance and lower gorge. So my thoughts are that with a relatively high gorge and low buttoning stance (which can be dropped even lower) on the KW suit, 4.5 lapels would be doable without looking too crazy. But of course, a picture would be worth 1000 words.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  11. geoffk

geoffk New Member

Helps me. So, thanks.

12. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

This doesn't make a lot of sense. A large is 20" across the chest and so shouldn't even fit you. Also, you are a drop 10?

13. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

In my experience, if the chest of a T-shirt or polo is a bit tight, it still fits OK typically as the material has a great deal of give and stretch to it. This works less so with dress shirts and jackets.

14. Kent Wang

They're pretty different styles. It's a matter of you want a more basic, formal, and versatile shoe, which would be the captoe, or if you want a more informal style with the brogue. If you don't own a plain dark brown captoe, then definitely get that first.

No, I'm afraid not. The more expensive ranges aren't really that much more. C is $70 more for a 2-piece suit, D is $105 more.
    Just imagine the peak lapel as a notch lapel and measure to the same location. Our peak lapel is the same width as the notch.

Spoo's peak lapels in that photo are too wide for my taste, though not so wide that it would attract unwanted attention from laymen. Exercise caution.
    We don't offer discounts as I think it's more fair to have one low price for everyone.

15. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Fair enough. I'd be interested in a solid mid grey similar to the Spoo suit I posted above. I'm guessing the Gladson grey twill '102701' would be the closest out of the fabrics you offer?