Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. razl

razl Senior member

Kent:

An open plea for you to do another batch of the white linen/cotton blend, single-piece collar, button up shirts that I missed out on around the end of last year.

Most things that I miss out on I eventually forget about, but those are still stuck in my head as a missed opportunity.

Appreciation in advance!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  2. notfortheweak

notfortheweak Active Member

Where does KW stuff ship from? If I'm ordering tonight (Sunday) when should I expect it to make it to Boston? (Anyone with experience ordering from Kent, feel free to chime in...)

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No more suit fabrics until the fall/winter fabrics come in.

I'm currently looking at some 100% linen options right now. Linen/cotton has been getting hard to find.

It ships from the Houston area. The shipping calculator in the shopping cart gives you estimates on how long it will take.

4. razl

razl Senior member

You've confirmed my suspicion - as a consumer, I've been finding the same thing. While it's always been harder to find good linen/cotton blends than straight linen (and even harder to find blends done well), but this season there seems to be even fewer products in it than usual.

Now I'm doubly, triply kicking myself for missing out on your batch.

:brick:

5. Keough1206

Keough1206 Member

+1

I've noticed even in a ~50/50 cotton/linen shirt, the feel is still very linen-y. I've been on the lookout for maybe a ~75/25 cotton/linen blend but these do appear to be few and far between.

6. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Good luck finding 75/25. I've read that this blend is used in making US bills, and that only the US Mint can use that here in the States.

EDIT: Unless Kent wants to make shirts out of dollar bills.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. MRMan

MRMan Senior member

Kent, any idea when this will be? I'm holding off for a fall/winter suit and SC but need both for early fall. Would rather try you versus other options. Thanks!

8. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Bring back the RJ cat pocket square. Please.

9. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Omg that PS is totally awesome. I wish to be inducted.

10. Kent Wang

[​IMG]

Kent Wang wool/mohair suit - This VBC fabric will be great for summer, but there's not much of it left so it's not on the fabric spreadsheet.
    Kent Wang linen/cotton shirt - I can get this Thomas Mason fabric but it has a prominent self stripe; I don't think it's wearable without a jacket
    Kent Wang white silk pocket square
    Kent Wang suede chukka boots
    Good news, it's definitely on its way and should be here in a month or two.
    I should have the swatches in late July, but I won't be able to photograph them until August 20 since I'll be traveling until then. I could probably mail out the entire fabric set to anyone interested.

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Put me down for a cat square...Just wanted to say I've owned a lot of Pocket squares over the years. Kent's are the best, BY FAR.

I think I'm too-er-big to buy anything else except for maybe shoes...

12. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Kent, are you shirt collars fused?

13. Kent Wang

Yes, they are fused. For MTM, we have a few different weights of interlining that we can use including a very soft one.

Ascot Chang says:

"A fused collar will look sharper and crisper, especially after laundering. Businessmen tend to prefer fused. An unfused collar, on the other hand, will look softer and more natural. There are some downsides, however. For one, wrinkles can show up in the collar, though I suppose for some people, that’s part of the charm. Similarly, if you don’t iron your collar correctly, you can press in creases into the collar. Additionally, if the interlining and shirt fabric react differently to washes, you can get the one shrinking slightly more than the other."

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  14. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Thank you Kent, I am relieved to hear they are fused, as described above, my unfused MTM custom collars are a pain in the arse to iron and I can't be bothered.

One last question, when will you have more sport coats available and I see the chukka boots are back in stock in July? Can you speak to their construction, I would also like to give your footwear a try.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  15. Kent Wang

You can custom order any of the fabrics as a sportcoat. I don't intend on adding RTW sportcoats as that would require stocking a lot of inventory.

Most sizes of the chukkas are in stock now. I'm not sure what else to tell you other than what I've already written on the product page: Goodyear-welted construction. Channeled soles. Beveled waist. We guarantee the quality rivals shoes twice its price.