Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks bro. Practice.

2. RichXXV

RichXXV New Member

Just got my first KW polo in today and I love it. Finally, a brand that gets it right.

Kent, will you ever make a solid black polo?

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I placed a small order with Kent Wang for two pocket squares. One navy Chinese brocade and one red Dupioni. The weight and quality is excellent. I like them better than my Robert Talbott squares which were much more expensive. Kent is fast on the email replies and the order shipped right quick. My sincerest thanks. Looking forward to my next order.

4. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Kent,

Just FYI - the picture for fabric 0041(Loro Piana Brown Glen Plaid) shows up as a grey herringbone on the fabric spreadsheet.

5. dcmo

dcmo Member

Kent,

I saw that you had linen blend shirts a few years back. Any chance you'll bring them back this year? Any chance you'd expand your shirt offerings similar to the way you're doing suits now?

Also, my groomsmen loved your basic double sided MOP cufflinks a few months back. It's amazing how you accomplish true style at your prices.

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I hope these flowcharts clear everything up about the suit process.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the fall.

I'll have a new 100% linen in a month or so.

I'm working on expanding the shirt selection in the same way as the suits, but it will take some time to organize everything and have it on the site, maybe in a few months.

7. applky

applky Senior member

^ LOL the flowchart.

8. erk

erk Senior member

That is awesome. Looking forward to more shirt selection. This week I wore my custom Kent Wang shirt for the first time in a while and was really loving how close to perfect the fit is. Your method of first trying on an actual sample and then making adjustments from that worked really well for me.

9. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

This flowchart is kind of indicative of something not quite right—when Spoo posted a review, he seemed to have a suit go back and forth with you several times, and it sounded as though this back and forth service had been included in the custom suit deal. Since he said he paid for the suit, I can't imagine everyone paying wouldn't get the same treatment. If you did it only for him, then it was done so that the sample suit worn and photographed by a big player here whose judgment we trust would be perfect, even though the suit would not have been perfect if he hadn't sent his back to you more than once—this would mean MISrepresenting your product to us.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  10. NotoriousMarquis

edited

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I worked with Spoo to develop the fit. It was a special case only for the development of the suit, not because he is a "big player".

I've stated several times in this thread that custom orders cannot be returned, and it is stated on the return policy on the website. I'm sorry that that hasn't been more clear, which is why I made the flowcharts.

If you've already placed your order I would be glad to cancel it and refund you.

12. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Maybe if the suits cost several thousands of dollars could I see having the expectation of being able to go multiple rounds of MTM remakes, but come on. Kent's policy is perfectly reasonable.

13. NotoriousMarquis

I know custom orders cannot be refunded, and this wasn't my point; I didnt mean to accuse you, I only assumed that the suit you sent spoo was meant to be to promote the suit (showing it to us and letting us see how well cut it was). I didn't know the suit was still in 'Beta' mode when you sent it to spoo.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im not a player, I just crush a lot.

*edit - happy 19,000 to me :)

15. NotoriousMarquis

Mackin' hoes your crew's behind you