Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

+1

Kent's return/refund/exchange policies are unbeatable. Don't see how anyone can complain when he's happy to resolve your problems.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Kent, I am interested in your tuxedo shirt. Are the measurements on this shirt consistent with your size chart (http://www.kentwang.com/about/shirts)? I think I would need to get a 16.5 for collar, but I'm worried it ill be too billowy around the waist/back. I presume the shirt is not darted.

I usually wear an Epaulet L, and even then get then darted even more than what they come with on occasion (Epaulet measurements here: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-968/'Mens-Point-Collar-Chambray/Detail).

3. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Kent, any eta on new polo colors?

4. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

+ 1. Also eta on new navy stock.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

5. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

It appears that Kent Wang has put a suit options form on his "About Suits" section. Check it out. I especially like the elbow patch selections.

http://www.kentwang.com/about/suits/

For Kent, What are the phone pocket dimensions like, and where is it on the jacket?

Last edited: May 1, 2012

6. GradSchooler

Awesome. Great options too! Good job, Kent, in anticipating what we'd be looking for.

7. worldrunner

worldrunner Senior member

HI Kent,

I wanted to know how you would compare your shoes vs Carmina's

8. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

Kent,

I have been mulling over whether I should order a pair of your benchgrade chukkas - which are beautiful, by the way; however, between the two shipping options seemingly available (priority and express) the cost is $55-$68 for shipping alone, to Canada, which seems extremely high, considering you're based in the U.S and it's only one pair of shoes. Is there a slower, yet cheaper shipping alternative I've failed to see?

Thank you,
    Brandon

9. GradSchooler

Kent,

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the "waistband" selector on the options form is malfunctioning for me. When I select one option, the others stay selected. Just FYI.

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Shirt measurements are the same for all shirts, including tuxedo. None of the shirts are darted. As always, we can make a MTM shirt for you if it doesn't fit perfectly, and of course we can add darts then.

I'm going to add illustrations to all the options in a few weeks. Phone pocket is on the side of the jacket.

They're comparable. We use channeled soles; not sure if all Carminas do, but I know at least some do. C&J benchgrade does not, only handgrade.

11. Essential

Essential Senior member

Does anyone have a 34R suit that lives in NYC? It can be tailored or not (but you need to know how much material was taken out or added after you bought it).

I'm asking because the time for the trial suit is now 6 weeks + another 3 for the MTM. I need the suit in ~7 weeks and I just need to try it on for a few minutes, find the measurements, and skip the 6 weeks wait.

I emailed the site about this but just in case it doesn't work, I'm wondering if any SF people can help me out in this regard. (the suit is so awesome that I can't give it up!)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

12. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Well said. Plus, KW has obviously gone out of his way to remedy the problem.

13. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Spoo, as always, one of the best dressed guys out there. How the heck do you get a knit to knot like that? My 4IH never look the same

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm very sorry to announce that the suit price has now been increased to $750, primarily due to increasing costs of wool worldwide. All orders already placed will be honored at the price paid.

Even at this new price I feel the suit is still an excellent value and rivals major brands that retail for $2000 or more.

15. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Glad I jumped when I did. Definitely still an excellent value at that price point..