Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Kent,

Do you've a navy sharksin fabric for a suit?

Cheers

2. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Spoo - do you think you could post some detail pics of the jacket cuff and the welt pocket? Thanks!

3. betep

betep Well-Known Member

Hi Kent. I'll be ordering the charcoal suit you linked, looks great. I have a question though, based on the measurement chart I would need to order a 38R, but I'm 6'3" so I'm fairly sure I would need an L. Should I still try it on first and then send it back with the modification notes?

Thanks! Love the polos

4. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Another great price suiting offer from the SF members

That is on my list for next year, could I ask whether you do side taps? And I located in UK is the price include shipping?

Cheers

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ill try my best, maybe Kent has them on file.

FWIW, Im 6'1, 164 lbs. I didn't need a long. You have 2" on me though.

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

0021 is a Loro Piana navy sharkskin

Yes, I only have the trial suits in R lengths but it'll be easy to increase the length.

Yes, we can do side-tabs. That's how I get mine made.

Shipping is not included. You can use the shipping calculator in the shopping cart. International for a suit is:

• First class (5-7 days usually) $23
    • Priority (4-6 days usually) $44
    • Express (EMS) (3-5 days usually) $53

7. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Spoo, thanks a lot for the pics and information. As an admirer of your fits, I appreciate that Kent made adjustments to the final RTW product according to your input; this makes the suit all the more appealing to me.

The suit looks great and has all the features I'm looking for. The standard charcoal suit looks a bit too dark for my tastes though--almost looks black. Glad to know a wide selection of fabrics will be available, though. Kent, I definitely plan on giving one of your suits a shot within the coming months. (Might have to make it my first 3-piece, as the prices to add a vest look very reasonable. :nodding:) In the meantime, I'll be checking back here for more pics and reviews.

And a few questions for you, Kent: What's the lapel width? Looks like 3.5 inches? I'd also be interested in seeing close-ups showing the pick stitching on the lapels. And how structured is the jacket in regard to shoulder padding?

Thanks for the info, and thanks for making what is looking like a great suit at a great price.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

8. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

So to get side tabs, we'd order a RTW from the site, see what measurements we want, then specify that we want side tabs and you'd have it made?

9. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

It sounds very interesting. However, I looked at the measurements and your posting about sizing being similar to Tom Ford and RLBL. Based on the measurements, it seems like the opposite. A 36 in the suit's measurements look more like a 38. Looks very intriguing.

Also, would it be possible to order one with a more roped shoulder?

10. breakHARD77

breakHARD77 Well-Known Member

Hi Kent - three questions to add to the never-ending list:
    - Is the lapel width customizable?
    - Would it be possible to get odd jacket sizes like 37 or 39?
    - This would be my first suit if I end up buying it (just graduated from college). Besides the default charcoal option, would you suggest any of the fabrics in particular for a guy in his early-to-mid 20s who need a versatile first suit? Your input would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It may depend on your monitor, can you differentiate all the below shades? We use a calibrated monitor.

[​IMG]

In any case, we have several shades lighter than charcoal.

The standard lapel width is 3.5". We can also do a narrow or wide lapel. I don't have the exact measurements for those at the moment.

The shoulder options are: standard (as used in the sample suit), roped, soft, no padding, and no padding with spalla camicia (Neapolitan-style "waterfall" shoulder—if you don't know what this is, don't order it; I find it rather garish).

Correct.

The RTW suits won't be available in odd sizes but it's best if you size up and then we make a custom one for you.

I really think you should stick with charcoal for your first suit. If you really want an alternative, you can try navy.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

12. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Kent, thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the pricing by fabric as per the following:

http://www.kentwang.com/about/suits

How do I know what fabric belongs in each category?

And lastly, swatches are available in a few weeks?

13. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

^ Swatches will be key.

At least that has been my experience in ordering from folks like Hober and Equus. Kent has 130+ swatches via that flickr link, so it'll be interesting to see how swatches will be requested/ordered.

14. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Kent - non-suit related question: in terms of the collars on your shirts, is it possible to get 1/4" edge stitching as opposed to right on the edge?

15. breakHARD77

breakHARD77 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers, Kent. Looks like I'll be ordering a charcoal suit then. Since this is my first suit, I had no idea what my jacket size was, so I stopped by Zara's and H&M to check.

At Zara's, 48 (US 38) was too tight - I could barely close the button - and 50 (US 40) was decent, but a TINY bit too big (the sales associate and I shared the same opinion).

H&M pictures are below. The 38 obviously felt a bit more constrained, but nothing I couldn't deal with. The 40 felt fine. Neither looked too bad - in my opinion at least.

With all this in mind, which RTW jacket size would you recommend me ordering to start off the process? It seems to me like I'm a 39. FYI, I am about 5'9 and a half and 165 pounds, on the slimmer side. I wear a Medium in KW polos and Small at stores like J.Crew and BR. I also plan to start working out, which might add a little bulk to me.

Here are some shots of the H&M 38:
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/21lvldu.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/qqsp6s.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/30bg187.jpg
    http://i42.tinypic.com/baer.jpg

Here is the H&M 40:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/edd2c.jpg
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2hhm0ya.jpg

Here is what I look like without a jacket:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/pm0j5.jpg
    http://i41.tinypic.com/25pr8g3.jpg