1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior Member

Just received the great wave pocket square in silk from the gf as a nice surprise. What's the best way to get the creases out due to folds from shipping?

2. Jesse@KentWang

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I just mist a little water and iron on low.

3. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Hi, I've had my Kent Wang umbrella for a little under two years and loved it. Unfortunately it broke this December and the only traditional umbrella shop in the city went under last year. Here's a picture of the problem:

umb.jpg

As you can see the runner has been pushed up too high and gotten stuck, and as a result the ribs have hyper-extended and aren't providing any support to the canopy. I've tried my best with a pair of pliers to dislodge the runner and move it back down, but its not budging. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix the problem with tools I have lying around the house?

umb2.jpg

There's also this crack above the top spring, but I'm not sure if it's a functional defect.

4. bdavro23

bdavro23 Distinguished Member

Can you invert it as if the wind caught the canopy? It may remove the tension and allow you to move the collar back down.

5. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Tried this, no luck. Anyone have other suggestions?

6. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

Interested in the Tuxedo shirt, but will need to go MTM. Anyone has done MTM shirts with KW have their collar options and dimensions?
    @Kent Wang

7. Jesse@KentWang

Email [email protected] and either Aaron or Zach can get you an answer to this.

8. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

I have yet to use their shirting process, but Aaron intimated (unless I severely misunderstood) that they were very flexible regarding collars.

9. mosivy

mosivy Well-Known Member

They are indeed. I commissioned a customized one with holes for a collar bar.

10. Jesse@KentWang

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you all a heads up before an email blast goes out in a few days. We just launched some new donegal sweaters on the site in very limited inventory, if you are interested grab one now. We updated the sweater sizes charts to reflect both the cashmere and donegals so please take a look at that before placing an order.

http://www.kentwang.com/outerwear

Sweater Donegal Grey.jpg

Sweater Donegal Navy.jpg

Sweater Donegal Red.jpg

11. thefastlife

thefastlife Distinguished Member

hey dudes, thinking of grabbing the KW sunglasses in the size 50. these still legit? fit decent enough on a guy with a pretty big head?

also how fast is shipping, typically speaking? i'm in NY myself, but not the city.

thanks!

12. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I like my Flemings. I actually had two pairs, but left one in a rental car.

I don't remember shipping being too long when I ordered from them in the past.

13. StarlitShades

StarlitShades New Member

Hey! I'm pretty sure a size 50 may be a little small for dudes with big heads (like myself). If you know the bridge size is around 18 to 20 you will have a good fit. I'm 6ft about 150 lbs and my head is fairly big. Most shades that fit me well have about a 58 lens or even 60 and with a bridge between 14 and 18.

Hope this helps!

14. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Anyone here have experience with the handgrade double monks? Curious to know if any who have both those and the oxfords felt the need to size down with the monks, given the lack of laces?

15. livetaswim06

livetaswim06 New Member

Has anyone had issues getting ahold of KW customer support? I sent them an email requesting a return and they replied really quickly (literally 1 minute). I shipped the item weeks ago and reached out 2 days ago to confirm if they got it and never heard back. Now their website seems to be down as well, not sure if that is related though.

Loved the quality and build of the polo I got. Unfortunately at 6'1 and 225, the XXL was very tight on me.