• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anybody who's commissioned multiple KW pieces, have you made sizing adjustments to subsequent orders (shoulders, chest, button stance, etc.) successfully?

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anybody who's commissioned multiple KW pieces, have you made sizing adjustments to subsequent orders (shoulders, chest, button stance, etc.) successfully?

Yes and no. The adjustments from my first order to my next three jackets were successful (lowered button point, shortened sleeve, reduced waist). Haven't ever needed to touch the shoulders, and they have been accurate and consistent no matter what construction I choose (soft or unstructured shoulders, soft or standard canvas).

My most recent sportcoat order, on the "new measurement system," was a major departure, and is going to need surgery before I can wear it happily.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. The adjustments from my first order to my next three jackets were successful (lowered button point, shortened sleeve, reduced waist). Haven't ever needed to touch the shoulders, and they have been accurate and consistent no matter what construction I choose (soft or unstructured shoulders, soft or standard canvas).

My most recent sportcoat order, on the "new measurement system," was a major departure, and is going to need surgery before I can wear it happily.
Mind sharing what the issues under the "new" system are? Also, if aware, when did the updated system kick in. I got fitted and purchased my lone (for now) KW SC August 2017, so unsure if that falls under the new umbrella.

jssdc

Reaction score
I have, and have had to change a couple of times. My first KW needed several significant adjustments, my second overshot the mark on these (although in fairness that was more at my urging than at Kent’s or Aaron’s), then several in a row turned out perfect. However, a couple years later I lost some weight and had to make more changes, which turned out well, and then lost some more weight and had to do the same again. So yes, fairly successful at subsequent adjustments.

That said, some stuff has hit the KW limit (left shoulder is lowered, which pitches the rest of the jacket a bit; sleeves are at their maximum forward rotation but could use a couple more degrees) and I’ve been interested in the new system to see if it could correct these - but also somewhat unwilling to go through the trial and error process again.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Links diversified

097A8453-2900-4AA0-8C67-E84365BB6BCB.jpeg

zach@kentwang

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The wait is finally over!

Please CLICK HERE to test drive our brand new options form; feedback is welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The wait is finally over!

Please CLICK HERE to test drive our brand new options form; feedback is welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is not a very inspiring revamp given how long it's been 'in the works' and especially given how long people have been bashing their heads against the wall about how bad the options form was.

I appreciate that there are a few changes and additional options, but I don't think this resolves the central problems with the old form. Just as one example that I've been burned by, I don't think y'all actually do recommend the "standard" gorge, which is not compatible with actually choosing the width of your jacket's lapel. There is a vague gesture at clarifying that in the fine print, but the sentence is missing at least one word and certainly would not be clear to someone who didn't specifically know to be on alert about it from hard experience.

It is very strange to keep calling it the "standard" gorge when it is not compatible with the customization features of the platform.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just laughed upon finding out it’s a Google Doc and that I have to put a bunch of info in just to browse it.

Can’t it just be part of the regular website? Free to casually browse and let us dream up possible future commissions?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilarious. Shows less effort than expected and is cheap.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll add that I like the brand and own quite a few accessories and two suits that I am fairly happy with. Tailors have remarked positively on the construction quality and shaping on both.

I don’t care that it’s a google form versus something else, I generally like the “extremely no frills” approach KW adopts to lower costs. My gripes are (1) why did this take months rather than an afternoon or two; and (2) why haven’t they fixed the problems?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer that I’m a big KW fan, and still am, but what was actually changed? Seems like there are a few added options, but not much else, and nowhere even approaching the options Aaron and I discussed when I was fitted in NY.
Back to the laboratory, methinks.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m getting the feeling that the big re-work of the order form didn’t really exist in any tangible form. Someone cranked this out due to the incessant complaining of late.

A Google Doc? Either of my college kids could have created that form in a day. :cloud:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics