• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to fight at all. Just calling out absurdities as I see them.

My last order was bit of a debacle as well. Lots of money spent but received poor communication, an improperly filled order (zero quality control), and my suit arriving wrapped to bouillon-cube size in a USPS Priority Mail box. Am taking business elsewhere as recommended earlier.

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last order was similar to yours, hence the term debacle. But if I choose not to do business with them, it would have absolutely nothing to do with where Kent chooses to live and run his business. If you can’t understand that then I can’t help you.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, okay. Stick with with it if you like the process and results of course!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This does seem rather overblown. I think we'd all agree that nowadays, the need for a traditional "office," really isn't necessary, particularly with as small an operation as KW, especially considering there still exists a physical office space stateside.
Most of the issues mentioned, while perfectly legitimate (and ideally corrected moving forward), really shouldn't have any connection to this change, as far as I can see.
Of course, I wouldn't profess to tell someone how to spend one's money, but this just doesn't strike me as something that should be viewed as a final straw sort of situation.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not trying to fight at all. Just calling out absurdities as I see them.

My last order was bit of a debacle as well. Lots of money spent but received poor communication, an improperly filled order (zero quality control), and my suit arriving wrapped to bouillon-cube size in a USPS Priority Mail box. Am taking business elsewhere as recommended earlier.
This is definitely something I'd like to see changed, especially considering shipping is not complimentary with orders. My hopsack coat was fine, as one would expect, but I could see wrinkling issues arising quite easily with less resistant fabric.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is definitely something I'd like to see changed, especially considering shipping is not complimentary with orders. My hopsack coat was fine, as one would expect, but I could see wrinkling issues arising quite easily with less resistant fabric.
Agreed 100%. I called them out on this before and even posted a picture of the box if I’m not mistaken.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't speak for @smittycl , but I don't think the issue is KW working remotely. Of course, we all understand this can be done rather easily and successfully in the shrunken and connected world we are in. The issue is more that KW's original post on the matter communicated a sense of nonchalance or almost disinterest in his own business. And that's fine, he has built a successful small company from scratch. If he wants to take a back seat and simply let things coast so that he can enjoy the fruits of his labors by puttering around Europe, I don't begrudge him that.

But the StyleForum crowd are extremely conscientious consumers in a market with ever-increasing competition. It really is a great time to be into menswear from a consumer perspective. There's no shortage of retailers who offer good value for the things we like. But beyond simply getting a good deal on something, I think most folks here value good service, interaction with affiliate vendors, and a complete and utter confidence in the person(s) with whom business is being conducted. I won't name names because it's obvious, but there are dozens of other AV threads where the proprietors themselves are active on a daily basis, available at the drop of a hat to personally resolve any issues, seek feedback, tease new products, etc. As for the KW affiliate thread, I keep wondering when it will end up locked and in the "Former Affiliate Vendor" section of the forum, because it's so dead compared to what it used to be, and with a seemingly disinterested proprietor. Not to mention the same recurring service issues being brought up here. It just seems like the issues at KW are small and could easily be remedied if simply given the time and effort to do so.

Anyway, that's just my perspective after being a patron of KW and follower of this thread since 2012. Not trying to tell anyone how to run their business, but I totally understand the "rubbed the wrong way" impression some people are getting.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very well said. Having felt burned on my last order I viewed KW’s email like an investor. How would a stock’s price change if the CEO nonchalantly mentioned selling his stuff and motoring about Europe? It would tank of course.

I can’t give a merchant a free pass because they are fan-favorites here. Money is money. I had no intention of being unfair or caustic and don’t think I was. I’ll admit KW worked once for me very well. If some attention were paid to the process and customer service then KW could be first rate.

I have some nice Minnis Fresco in blue and am considering a summer suit. Will shop elsewhere but still hang around here and watch, hoping for an improvement. :deadhorse:

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for @smittycl , but I don't think the issue is KW working remotely. Of course, we all understand this can be done rather easily and successfully in the shrunken and connected world we are in. The issue is more that KW's original post on the matter communicated a sense of nonchalance or almost disinterest in his own business. And that's fine, he has built a successful small company from scratch. If he wants to take a back seat and simply let things coast so that he can enjoy the fruits of his labors by puttering around Europe, I don't begrudge him that.

But the StyleForum crowd are extremely conscientious consumers in a market with ever-increasing competition. It really is a great time to be into menswear from a consumer perspective. There's no shortage of retailers who offer good value for the things we like. But beyond simply getting a good deal on something, I think most folks here value good service, interaction with affiliate vendors, and a complete and utter confidence in the person(s) with whom business is being conducted. I won't name names because it's obvious, but there are dozens of other AV threads where the proprietors themselves are active on a daily basis, available at the drop of a hat to personally resolve any issues, seek feedback, tease new products, etc. As for the KW affiliate thread, I keep wondering when it will end up locked and in the "Former Affiliate Vendor" section of the forum, because it's so dead compared to what it used to be, and with a seemingly disinterested proprietor. Not to mention the same recurring service issues being brought up here. It just seems like the issues at KW are small and could easily be remedied if simply given the time and effort to do so.

Anyway, that's just my perspective after being a patron of KW and follower of this thread since 2012. Not trying to tell anyone how to run their business, but I totally understand the "rubbed the wrong way" impression some people are getting.

Thank you for sharing. I feel this outlines my thoughts better than I could name them myself, so ...QFT

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You’ve articulated your point very well. And I completely understand where you’re coming from. Cheers!

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing but love for all of my KW purchases and transactions. I have a package waiting for me at the customs office as we speak and am looking forward to picking it up today. :bounce2:

Jesse@KentWang

Reaction score
Some recent photo submissions. Don't forget you can send yours in and receive a $20 store credit if we decide to use them. Thanks to everyone in here who already submits, we love seeing our wares being put to good use.

28949904977_5d7da5b661_z.jpg

42077894050_fa36a23bbe_z.jpg

43886628291_e8bc8e3c12_z.jpg

45123029674_bc219f9c8a_z.jpg

image1.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads