• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're welcome! And please do post some more pics of your suit when you can.

I wish I had the luxury of doing an in-person fitting like you did. No doubt this has a better chance of yielding a good result the first time around. Did you still try on the trial suit and do adjustments based on it? I'm curious which pants size you used and what kind of adjustments were made. KW's standard pattern pants are definitely too slim/low rise for me, and last time around I had some messiness on the backside of the pants as seems to happen a lot with KW. But you were able to achieve really nice, cleanly draping pants. Getting the pants right is my biggest concern with KW MTM. Will definitely opt for side adjusters, and probably do suspender buttons also.

Forgive me if this question is dumb, but it is okay to use suspenders if you have side adjusters on the pants, correct? I've never used suspenders before but I really like idea. And I'm assuming if you have suspender buttons added, they are on the inside and basically give you the option to wear suspenders or not?
I will try to take and post some pics soon. As far as the fitting, it was based on a trial suit and we made adjustments from there. I think it was a 46 but it was a year ago this month so I really don’t remember all the adjustments that were made.

The good thing is the trial wasn’t a bad fit at all so I didn’t have to make a great deal of adjustments with the fit especially to the jacket. I definitely added an inch or 2 to the waist of the trousers because I wanted them to float a little since I’d always be wearing them with suspenders. And I also made the rise higher but I’ll add another 3/4” to 1” next time.

And I see that @ericgereghty already answered you regarding side tabs and suspenders. Let me know if you have any other questions.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're welcome! And please do post some more pics of your suit when you can.

I wish I had the luxury of doing an in-person fitting like you did. No doubt this has a better chance of yielding a good result the first time around. Did you still try on the trial suit and do adjustments based on it? I'm curious which pants size you used and what kind of adjustments were made. KW's standard pattern pants are definitely too slim/low rise for me, and last time around I had some messiness on the backside of the pants as seems to happen a lot with KW. But you were able to achieve really nice, cleanly draping pants. Getting the pants right is my biggest concern with KW MTM. Will definitely opt for side adjusters, and probably do suspender buttons also.

Forgive me if this question is dumb, but it is okay to use suspenders if you have side adjusters on the pants, correct? I've never used suspenders before but I really like idea. And I'm assuming if you have suspender buttons added, they are on the inside and basically give you the option to wear suspenders or not?

kind late, but I wear suspender with side tabs, though do remember to ask them to add suspender button (inside, unless you want to look periodic clothing). I still have it fit snug because I wear suspender only when I want to, most of the time just side tabs.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest. 290g wool/cashmere that I picked up from Ed.
P2270281.jpg

This is my first jacket on the "new" fitting system, and (surprisingly) my first with soft canvas and soft shoulders. I might move the buttoning point up just a touch. No other complaints.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks great Heldentenor, congrats. Beautiful fabric and a nicely cut and trimmed jacket. Dark horn buttons?

Maybe move the button point up just a touch and maybe, maybe (photo angle caveat) add a touch of length? Some combo of that will slightly improve the balance, I think. Your arms show the jacket as plenty long, just looking at your pants (TWSS).

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't fix what aint broke

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not quite the time of year yet, but any thoughts on the fit of the swim trunks? I'm somewhere between a 32-34, but, given the lack of drawstring on the waist, I imagine going 34" and using side adjusters is a recipe for disaster/indecent exposure. Any thoughts on if a 32" would be feasible, or at least the safer choice?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would to hear more about new fitting system. Am prepping a suit order soon. Just looked at website and order form and all looks the same. Is this something to do with Aaron's advice?

flvinny521

Reaction score
Not quite the time of year yet, but any thoughts on the fit of the swim trunks? I'm somewhere between a 32-34, but, given the lack of drawstring on the waist, I imagine going 34" and using side adjusters is a recipe for disaster/indecent exposure. Any thoughts on if a 32" would be feasible, or at least the safer choice?

I'd love to hear from anybody with the swim trunks as well.

Also, @Kent Wang, there is a broken link on the site. Viewing the Knot silver earrings, the link to the matching cuff links should be changed to http://www.kentwang.com/misc/silver-knot-earrings.html.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've lost 10 pairs of sunglasses, 2 pairs of gloves over the past 2 years alone.

What if sunglasses had a lost email address written on them, like [email protected]. If you lose a pair, you email the address, saying where you lost them. If you find a pair, you email us, saying where you found it, and we can match you up, and then you contact each other directly to arrange the return.

This could also work for umbrellas, hats, scarves. What do you think?

Remember that we don't do vanity sizing. If you're 32-34 in other brands, you're a 32 in ours. If you're 32-34 in our trousers, then 34 may be better, but then again the swim shorts are usually worn lower than trousers, so 32 may be better—I'd towards the 34.

Also, @Kent Wang, there is a broken link on the site. Viewing the Knot silver earrings, the link to the matching cuff links should be changed to http://www.kentwang.com/misc/silver-knot-earrings.html.
Thanks, fixed!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks Kent. Think I'll try for the 32. Worst case, I eat a few dollars in return shipping and size up to the 34 if it doesn't work.

@flvinny521 will let you know how they work, assuming your question pertains to waist sizing as well.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks Kent. Think I'll try for the 32. Worst case, I eat a few dollars in return shipping and size up to the 34 if it doesn't work.

@flvinny521 will let you know how they work, assuming your question pertains to waist sizing as well.

Yes, exactly. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the waist size as well as length/general impressions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads