1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. hookem12387

hookem12387 Distinguished Member

Yep, quarters cannot be curved (like I think you're thinking) as far as I know, but you can definitely open them up.

I'd do the extended waistband moving forward if given the option

2. aaronatKW

aaronatKW Active Member

We're working on a bunch of new options right now, but

The quarters on the trial suit are already opened to the greatest extent possible.

The extended waistband is not an option coming soon as far as I know. If you don't want to see the buttons on the waistband closure, ask for the double hook and eye instead. This is a standard feature on tuxedo trousers already.

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Awesome. Had no idea that was a current option. Thanks Aaron!

4. aaronatKW

aaronatKW Active Member

Mine, all mine.... And with the last length of linen, I got trousers to match. VERY serious brunching suit. We have some similar jacketing coming this spring. In the meantime, check the Portofino Collection at Gladson or its sister site, HFW. Ariston Imparato also has a great jacketing bunch every summer; just register (free) on their site to view the collections. We can get you anything in stock.

5. aaronatKW

aaronatKW Active Member

You know I always try to take one for the team.

Photo of is of my latest jacket, part of a 3pc suit. Fabric is a 85% wool 15% silk blend from Lanificio di Pray, 230g/m, so a fall/winter colorway lightweight enough for temperate climes and intermediate seasons. Code TRE1545. C level pricing. Still good stock level at the moment.

About the shoulder: there are two ways to do a Neapolitan shoulder. One attaches the sleeve to the shoulder from underneath (spalla camicia) while the other attaches the sleeve to shoulder from above (con rollino). We do the latter and will change the wording on the options form to make this clear.

The effect is that slight unpadded puff at the sleevehead. I'm very happy to wear it and I hope you will be too.

You can read a fuller explanation of these and other shoulder styles over at Parisian Gentleman. IMG_4974.jpg Shoulder-Styles-explained-Spalla-Camicia-vs.jpg

6. smittycl

smittycl Distinguished Member

E033AFCF-96A7-4494-B9C6-341879283105.jpeg

Breaking in new Kent Wang sport coat. Made with wool/cashmere herringbone from Zegna. Lots of back-and-forth with Aaron resulted in a very accurate fit. Just had to let the waist out a bit and make tiny adjustments to the sleeves.

Sent new measurements in to KW and am prepping a suit order next.

Off for a long bike ride now as it’s approaching 60 degrees.