Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Senior member

Can anyone comment on the construction of the soft shoulder vs standard? Is there still some degree of padding in both? Is the difference mainly towards the shoulder points and how they meet the sleeves? Is it possible to compare the shoulder constructions to any RTW brands with, for instance, RLBL at one end of the spectrum, something like Corneliani in the middle, and Polo blue label at the other (I am not interested in totally unstructured).

Also, Kent has confirmed to me that the button stance can be lowered up to a max of 2.5cm. I will ask Kent the same question in due course but I also wonder if anyone knows if the button stance will get lower as well if I add lengthen to the jacket? I tried online MTM before, and the button stance stayed just as high as the trial jacket even though I added 2” to the overall length, which resulted in a really odd looking garment.

2. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

I just sent my measurement adjustments in for the test jacket after submitting pics as well. I asked for +2cm to length of jacket as I'm a 42L and test jacket is 42R. Also asked for a lower button stance of -1.5cm. Waiting to hear back from Aaron on what he thinks.

I'm ordering soft shoulder and soft canvassing as well. Not sure about your specific question, though.