Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I suppose you could put yourself in a cast and miss your flight.

2. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Is this what you did? Were you happy with your garment? I want to ensure the best chances of success.

3. Caustic Man

The time travel was the most difficult. Getting the trouser legs to fit around cast was a challenge but I think it worked out well since the right leg is now 58% wider than the left, just how I like it.

4. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Sounds like you're reinventing the game. Where's that guy complaining about old man suits and silhouettes? He would appreciate you shaking it up.

5. Caustic Man

6. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

It isn't. If I recall, I was a 42/34 in the trial jacket/pants. Jacket would require some alterations, but nothing insane, and Button stance can be lowered fairly dramatically. I would be a 33 in pants, but everything else was wayyyyyyy off, so bumped up to 34. Adjustments were no issue, either. If memory serves, I hiked the front rise up nearly 3".

7. caktaylor

caktaylor Member

I had a brief work trip to New York come up, and I was in the city for 3 days - 2 nights this week. I emailed [email protected] to let them know the evenings I was in town and asked for an appointment. Aaron got back to me with a date, time and exact location of the pop-up. That was the process.

8. caktaylor

caktaylor Member

I should add that when I arrived, there was another person there examining the watches. Maybe it was SuEd.

9. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Do you have trouser pics? Really interested to see how this looks. I recently ordered KW suit #7 (as well as two SC's) and my coat fit has been really dialed-in for some time. Trousers aren't bad, but I've never been totally happy and I can't really say why, so I'd be interested in seeing a substantial departure from pattern like it seems you've taken.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

edit.

11. ahtynes

ahtynes Member

Just had a wonderful meeting with Aaron over the weekend - my first. I landed on a mid-blue VBC flannel, something to suit me (pun unintended) for winters in New England. My only concern is that the fabric we chose is a relatively lightweight 270gr/9.5oz. He showed me a pair of trousers in a similar fabric to assuage me, but I still have some reservation. Anyone have thoughts on how important it is to go for a heavier fabric, both for the sake of drape and warmth, perhaps at the cost of a less ideal color?

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Flannel wears warmer than typical worsted at the same weight. Are you going to be outside a good deal? (If youre inside most of the time you can simply wear outerwear for the walks etc)

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Personally, I'm leaning towards that VBC flannel 9/10 oz cloth if I have a suit made up. I've got a pair of trousers from that fabric book and they're pretty versatile due to how lightweight they are. 12 oz flannel is my preference for trousers in the winter, but seems like it would be really heavy for wearing a suit jacket around the office. I'm in Chicago, so no stranger to cold weather.

14. ahtynes

ahtynes Member

I think this makes sense and I couldn't find any information on how flannel wore compared to worsted at a given weight. I imagine the vast majority of situations in which I'll be in a suit will be indoors, at least primarily.

Great to know. There were some great colors in that book and it's quite affordable as compared to Fox, for instance.

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Unfortunately the minimum order requirement for dying the polo fabrics has gone up, and we probably won't be able to add any new colors unless we can sell a lot of them. Conclusion: buy more polos.

The VBC flannels are worsted flannel, not woolen, which is what most people think of when they say flannel, the warm, fuzzy stuff. Worsted flannel is not any warmer than other worsted fabrics, so it's nice as as a four season fabric. See this Put This On article explaining the details of worsted and woolen flannels.