Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I suppose you could put yourself in a cast and miss your flight.

2. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Is this what you did? Were you happy with your garment? I want to ensure the best chances of success.

3. Caustic Man

The time travel was the most difficult. Getting the trouser legs to fit around cast was a challenge but I think it worked out well since the right leg is now 58% wider than the left, just how I like it.

4. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Sounds like you're reinventing the game. Where's that guy complaining about old man suits and silhouettes? He would appreciate you shaking it up.

5. Caustic Man

6. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

It isn't. If I recall, I was a 42/34 in the trial jacket/pants. Jacket would require some alterations, but nothing insane, and Button stance can be lowered fairly dramatically. I would be a 33 in pants, but everything else was wayyyyyyy off, so bumped up to 34. Adjustments were no issue, either. If memory serves, I hiked the front rise up nearly 3".

7. caktaylor

caktaylor Member

I had a brief work trip to New York come up, and I was in the city for 3 days - 2 nights this week. I emailed [email protected] to let them know the evenings I was in town and asked for an appointment. Aaron got back to me with a date, time and exact location of the pop-up. That was the process.

8. caktaylor

caktaylor Member

I should add that when I arrived, there was another person there examining the watches. Maybe it was SuEd.

9. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Do you have trouser pics? Really interested to see how this looks. I recently ordered KW suit #7 (as well as two SC's) and my coat fit has been really dialed-in for some time. Trousers aren't bad, but I've never been totally happy and I can't really say why, so I'd be interested in seeing a substantial departure from pattern like it seems you've taken.