Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I dont know abut having better quality/price competitors, but the criticisms of the website are very fair. There are a number of swatches and fabrics that are only available if you inquire. (also multiple MTM options that aren't listed).

2. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

"KW prices are no longer as competitive as they once were, especially for MTM suits."

I'm doing this (and struggling in the endeavor) on my phone; can we please not quibble over my choice to include the word pertinent lol?
    Like I said, when you only mention MTM in discussing pricing changes, please don't be surprised when people only address MTM.

3. SJR3

SJR3 Senior member

Thank you for acknowledging my constructive criticism and questions, and not simply being a KW fanboy (as someone else in this conversation seems to be doing). And again, the bulk of my initial observations was NOT about MTM...

4. ericgereghty

This is exactly right. Website definitely needs to be updated.

5. ericgereghty

Lol chill amigo. No need for passive aggressive sass. Your clarity regarding pricing concerns was lacking, which yielded the focus on a topic that was apparently intended as an aside.
    I did also offer a solution regarding OOS options. In lieu of a website refresher, which is no doubt needed, it seems a relatively painless option.

6. SJR3

SJR3 Senior member

My man...

Don't put words in my mouth, lol. You attributed a specific quote to me, and I did not say those words.

My issues with KW--if I had to quantify it--MTM is like 10% at best of my overall gripe. So let's just forget I even mentioned the MTM "price/quality ratio", hmm? Intended as an aside, it was not. It was intended as a portion of the whole, and I clearly expounded on that (small) portion by providing specific examples in my previous replies. Feel free to investigate further yourself.

MTM is what everyone seems to be jumping on, but let's focus on the other issues I brought up.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 10:22 PM