1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks! I don't remember. Kent? :)

2. breakHARD77

breakHARD77 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your feedback, Kent. It's been helpful.

One final set of questions, and I should be good to go...

1. Once I purchase the initial RTW suit and try it on, is subsequent shipping to and fro (for altering) covered by you guys or does the customer pay for it?
    2. Do you have an MTM option of odd waist sizes for the suit pants? (i.e. 31, 33, etc.)
    3. Would it be possible to buy either the jacket or pants separately?

3. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Taking the plunge and ordering a KW charcoal suit right now.

4. GreenNYC

GreenNYC Senior member

I ordered a long sleeve rugby and feel the sleeves were just right. My only (slight) complaint was that they are cut fairly short at the waist. But very well constructed overall.

Kent, a little constructive criticism/advice regarding your packaging...it's dreadful. Reminiscent of an ebay purchase....just a shirt in a plastic bag stuffed into a USPS envelope. I contrast this with purchases made from Howard Yount...thoughtfully packaged with a hand-written note. It's the little touches that create customers for life and help to create positive brand imagery. Good luck with your venture!.

5. Al in Philly

If low rate packaging translates into cheaper overall prices for me, I'm all for it. I understand how some people can like packaging to be nice. If it's going to cost me more for it then I'll stick with the plastic bag in a UPS envelope. Granted, the item gets to me in one piece.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  6. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Yes. Fancy packaging is a waste of money. One of the reasons why Kent and other people with similar business models can offer us such excellent products at these price points is by dispensing with the overhead associated with other brands.

7. GreenNYC

GreenNYC Senior member

a 10 cent note card and 30 seconds of time doesn't really constitute fancy packaging. But to each his own I suppose. And I never really thought of Kent Wang as a brand that fights on price.

8. Al in Philly

Maybe for some stuff, but his suits and shoe options are undoubtably a great value for their price point. Especially the suits.

9. erk

erk Senior member

Yet complaining about the lack of said note card and personal greeting makes one sound like a sad desperate weirdo.:satisfied:

10. GirouxAJX

GirouxAJX Active Member

Kent - any plans to release the benchgrade captoe balmoral in black?

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    No, the plaintoe is the only black shoe I will be making. I think they're better than a captoe for black. Put This On agrees.

1. We pay for shipping to you, you pay for shipping to us.
    2. No, but just round up to the next RTW size and we'll make the MTM one smaller where necessary.
    3. For MTM, of course. If you really want to do it for the RTW—i.e. you just want to buy the charcoal jacket or trousers—then I could do that as well. Pricing is towards the bottom of the page.

Spoo is very close to the standard 40R. See measurements.

You're right. Thanks. I remeasured and have adjusted all the measurements on the site, mostly fixing 34-38.

12. Kent Wang

[​IMG]

This is a VBC wool/mohair blend (not listed on the spreadsheet yet) with unconstructed shoulders that I made for myself. I'm very close to a 36R.

1 person likes this.
  13. notfortheweak

notfortheweak Active Member

Two quick questions, Kent: First, what tie are you wearing with the suit above? Second, are the pocket squares with the cat on them gone for good? I always meant to snag one of those, but it seems I might be too late.

1 person likes this.
  14. david123

david123 Senior member

I take it those are your captoe shoes? They're very nice -- you should post that photo on the product page for them.

15. SchoolyardBully

SchoolyardBully Senior member

[​IMG]

Hey Kent, are you ever going to bring these back? [​IMG]

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its not "the" cat man, its the RJcat...

2 people like this.
  17. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Looks great! Look forward to seeing more pics from SFers!

18. Al in Philly

I ordered the charcoal suit for a try on two days ago. Hoping it ships soon! I think I want side vents with soft shoulders. Of course, I'll be documenting the process (with pics).

Are ticket pockets available with these suits?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  19. Kent Wang

Just to be clear, as stated on the product page, the suits take about three weeks to produce and then ship, even the RTW ones. In the future, as the RTW try-on suits are produced and returned to us I'll have them in stock and ready to ship asap, but not right now.

Yes, I can do ticket pocket. I personally don't like them, just personal preference.
    My navy grenadine tie.

I'm currently working on a finding a new printing company, so once that's done the RJ Cat squares will be back along with some new designs I have in mind. It might be two or more months away.
    I don't think those are mine.

Yes, they're my medium brown captoe shoes.

1 person likes this.
  20. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior member

The chest measurement on a 40R is 41"? Is this a suit or a unitard?