Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Like others I've found the roll is pretty good both for 2-button and 3r2. Regarding lapel widths, I wish I had switched from 3.5 to 4.25 earlier. It sounds like a bigger difference than it is - the wider option has a bit more body (if you like that, which I do) but is hardly FU.

Fwiw I didn't realize that one had to go wide with 3r2. I'm placing a new commission tomorrow but helpfully that's what I want.

10cm = 4" no? Is there another set of options beyond the 3.5 and 4.25? (Not reflected on the site if so)

2. Jonny Bax

Jonny Bax Member

Hey jssdc, thanks for the response!

I posted a diagram on the previous page sent to my by Aaron at KW. It shows the lapel width options available for only the 2-button, of which there are quite a few. According to Aaron, the only lapel width options for the 3R2 are 3.5" or the 4.25" (actually, he said 8.2 cm and 10 cm I think). And the 4.25" option is only available with the high gorge. I'd email him to be sure though. And please share if you do!

With regards to the lapel roll. I am planning on getting a soft canvass. Do you have experience with that vs the regular canvass?

I'm a little unsure of what I'm going to do. I'd really like the 3R2, but the smaller lapel is not what I'm looking for, and the high gorge isn't really either for this particular jacket. I'll probably end up with just the 2-button.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Nothing has changed for the "old" MTM system you're used to. We're talking about the new system that has more choices for lapel width and other modifications. I switched to the new system on my last order to get the 10 cm (4.0 inches) lapel option and some modifications that are not available in the old system.

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Is there any interest in a size 40R equivalent Kent Wang sports coat made from Kiton inner mongolia cashmere and linen 10oz ( about 60/40 linen/cashmere) grey fabric with brown plaid? I had it made CMT (basting stitches still attached) and looking to sell. Here's a pic of the fabric.

DSCF5495_zps27ijbl43.jpg DSCF5496_zps8ygyvoow.jpg

I had it made to the following specs:
    Front: 3-roll-2 button, notch lapel
    Gorge height: Standard
    Structure: Soft full canvas
    Lining: unlined
    Lining fabric: TR309 gold brown people fancy
    Piping: TR308 navy people fancy
    Lapel size: Wide 4.25"
    Lapel facing: No
    Shoulder: No padding with spalla camicia (note they screwed this one up - it's actually roped)
    Side pockets: Patch round
    Ticket pocket: No
    Flap size: No flap
    Chest pocket: Round
    Vents: Double (side)
    Sleeve buttons: 3
    Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
    Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
    Throat tab: No
    Phone pocket: No
    Pick stitching: Limited
    Buttons: Corozo medium brown
    Elbow patches: No

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

6. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

If I had the time to devote to that job I'd apply right away. Someone is going to have a great time getting into the clothing industry.

7. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I'm seriously so tempted lol...who needs sleep!?

8. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

^^^ Believe me, I was asking myself whether I need sleep either. :colgate:

9. Johnsson

Johnsson Senior member

Has anyone ordered a 3 piece under the new system yet? I'm wondering if there are any new options for the waistcoat, such as modifying the button stance.

10. Funcheese

Funcheese Senior member

It seems the board was correct and you do in fact know your shrinkage. Large rugby fits perfectly, just ordered two more and a polo ;)
    Moving forward I'd love to place a suit order with KW. Aaron is such a nice guy and I'd like to work with him. However, I recently lost a part-time gig at a menswear store here (we closed our brick and mortar shop) and prior to leaving I made good on my "Spring Allowance" comp suit and in addition, while I was still getting custom items at cost, went on a bit of a spree.
    When the wallet returns to appropriate size I shall pay the showroom a visit. I'm thinking Fall sportcoat.