Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

If these were in black they would be an instakop.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The handgrade monkstraps are taking a long time to restock. Perhaps later this month or in December there will be more. I would characterize the last as a bit elongated, not nearly as much as Gaziano & Girling though.

The benchgrade shoes are made by a different shoemaker in Vietnam, also using European leathers. Although I'm calling them benchgrade, they still feature a great deal of handwork, Asia being the last place this can be done affordably. With goodyear welt construction, channeled soles, and hand antiquing they rival Crockett & Jones handgrade, at a much lower price. I will probably do a version of the captoe balmoral in black in a few months.

3. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Wow Kent! Those monks are gorgeous. Will you make these in a burgundy/cherry?

4. Kent Wang

5. Samir

Samir Senior member

Those are nice. Are you purchasing them from a supplier or are those being made in a factory to your own specifications?

6. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Just received my last order. Thanks again for the super fast shipping.:slayer:
    It is great knowing I can count on guys for staple items delivered for free in just a matter of days.

7. Kent Wang

To my specifications. I'm involved in the design process of all the products I sell.

8. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Burnt orange polo ftw! Thanks, I've been really, really hoping for that. Will buy first day.

9. Kraken

Kraken Well-Known Member

Hi Kent,

Do you know when you expect to receive the new polo colors? What colors will there be?

Can I order polos and exchange them/pay extra fee for MTM if fit doesn't work out? My understanding is that I should order 1 polo for my first order and then order the remainder after we have fit worked out, correct?

I also have some of your initial dress shirts, can I use these for MTM dress shirt or should I order one from the current stock to make adjustments? What MTM collar options do you offer?

Thanks!

10. Kent Wang

> Do you know when you expect to receive the new polo colors? What colors will there be?

Around Thanksgiving, Nov 24th. The only new color will be burnt orange, available in both short and long-sleeve. There may be more new colors in January.

> Can I order polos and exchange them/pay extra fee for MTM if fit doesn't work out? My understanding is that I should order 1 polo for my first order and then order the remainder after we have fit worked out, correct?

Right. You can either keep the initial RTW shirt or return it.

> I also have some of your initial dress shirts, can I use these for MTM dress shirt or should I order one from the current stock to make adjustments?

When did you buy them? If it was from my current website, then that should be fine. If it was from back when I had that blue background website, maybe not.

> What MTM collar options do you offer?

Anything you can imagine we can do it.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

^That includes club collar, right? If so, it is good to here.

I am hoping the MTM shirt comes out well so I can order more in bulk. It is ridiculously difficult for me to find a decent place to get MTM shirts that are around your price range. I will order more in spread, club, and button down collars.

BTW, is the six weeks' wait pretty accurate on a MTM shirt?

12. nooneofnote

nooneofnote Active Member

It sounds like the buttons on the Polos have changed. Are the better secured? I have a polo from September which I love enough to buy another one. The day after I ordered the new one, the top button came off. I'm hoping the new one I get won't have this problem.

13. Kent Wang

Yes, we can do club collar. Wait is usually anywhere from 3-6 weeks.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'll check with the factory to be more careful about the button stitching. It's very easy to sew a button back on, you can just take it to a dry cleaner or alterations tailor and they can do it for less than $5. If this has happened to you, email me at [email protected] and I will credit you the cost of sewing the button back on.

I did change the buttons from a thin MOP to thick MOP a few months ago, but that shouldn't affect the stitching.

14. Samir

Samir Senior member

7" shoehorn came in today. Looks and feels great, very happy with the purchase.

Just to confirm my understanding of what's on the website - if we order a shirt and want to return it to get a better fit, we'd have to pay an extra $20 per polo (for 3) but nothing extra for a dress shirt (and only 1 unit needs to be ordered)?

Also, any plans for more OTC socks?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011