1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes, that's definitely in the works for September.

2. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

3. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

Now that I see they are long I will be ordering some. At 6'2", I find most polo shirts in a medium run a big too short...

4. Filipe

Filipe Senior member

Just got my polos and tried them on....I don't think they're going to work for me and I'll probably return them. The fabric is thinner than I thought it would be. I put the light pink polo on and without an undershirt on you can see right through it. However, I do really like the collar and the length, I definitely don't think they should be shortened at all.

I had the exact same issue with the light blue one. Maybe if I switch to the royal blue it won't be so see through?

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ Yeah a darker color would probably be less see-through, but I don't have one myself so someone who actually has the royal blue would have to give their opinion.

Even if the colors I got weren't see-through, I probably would have returned them due to fit issues anyway. The XL that I got was perfect in every measurement, except for the neck, which was way too big. But if I sized down to the Large, the neck probably would have fit better but it would have been too tight in the chest and shoulders.

6. b1os

b1os Senior member

My stuff arrived last saturday about one week after purchase. Thanks!

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

any chance you'll be doing a long-sleeve cutaway polo with button cuffs?

Kent, any chance you'll do patterns or will they all be solids?

8. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Anyone ever had problems with delays on orders from Kent Wang? I placed my order 6 days ago, still haven't gotten shipping confirmation, and it's listed as "processing" under "my account". E-mailed yesterday to inquire, still no response...

9. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

Got my second polo order a few days ago. The lavender was excellent. The navy on white stripe was less so. I'll be keeping the shirt, but the fabric on the stripe polo doesn't have the same "holy crap this is nice" quality that the solids have. While the solid color polos are far and away the best polos I've found, the stripes are merely in the upper end of the range. The phenomenal collar roll of the solids just isn't quite there with the striped fabric.

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The current stripes are jersey, and not pique, so a bit softer, which some people like, but it does mean that the collar is less stiff.
    Anyone ever had problems with delays on orders from Kent Wang? I placed my order 6 days ago, still haven't gotten shipping confirmation, and it's listed as "processing" under "my account". E-mailed yesterday to inquire, still no response...
    Maybe your spam filter has blocked my emails. Please PM me.
    Kent, any chance you'll do patterns or will they all be solids?
    I'll probably do more stripes for rugbys (or is it spelled rugbies?) as it's traditional for that style. Of course there were still be solids, too.

11. m.gway

m.gway Well-Known Member

Now that I see they are long I will be ordering some. At 6'2", I find most polo shirts in a medium run a big too short...

I'm 6'0 and the Large is just right for me. Any shorter and it would be too small.

12. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Maybe your spam filter has blocked my emails. Please PM me.

Update: Heard back from Kent and got my squares sent out (was being held up because they were out of one of the squares I ordered). Thanks to Kent for helping me out by sending the other squares first - looking forward to getting them!

13. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

let me also suggest a longer placket so that those inclined to where these with a tie can do so with a clip if desired.

14. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

Royal blue polo came yesterday. Initial impressions are very good. The spread collar really does lift it above most polos. The real proof will be after a few washes of course.

On the length, I'm just shy of 6' and an inch shorter on the length would definitely be too short for me. I'm not normally a fan of 3 button plackets on polos but again the collar on this makes the 3 button placket look bang on.

15. Mariooo

Mariooo Senior member

Got my Polo this week, nice and soft fabric & as others have mentioned - a really nice collar [​IMG]

I took some fit pics, but just saw that sweetlodge on page 22 already posted a fit pic of the "large" one, and we're both 5'11'' and 165lbs [​IMG]

anyway, here are mine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]