• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WorldWideWafflz

Reaction score
I have definitely noticed the greatness of the insole in my hand grade boots. They are easily the most comfortable shoes I own. I recommend them highly.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between the two, the benchgrade captoe happens to technically fit my foot better, but the handgrade loafer is more comfortable in terms of material (this "sadly" is making me look hard at either the HG brogue or boot since from what I understand the last is more generous than the loafer, and I can only imagine how comfortable that is). 

Random coincidence, but that made us exactly even on post counts. ^^

II would say the boot is probably wider than the loafer and the brogue is actually more narrow than the loafer so use that to help guide you in either direction.

from narrow to wide
single monk < brogue < double monk < loafer < boot

I'm able to wear the same size in all except loafer though because of the absence of laces and boots because I don't have it yet.

And nice coincidence :D

socaldappergent

Reaction score
You can tell shoulder structure fairly easily by looking close enough. The shoulders of your CK suit look stronger (and therefore are probably more padded) than what mjrester or picolo posted above.

I would suggest measuring that jacket, send the number to Kent, tell him what you think you'll want to do to it, and ask his advice for which stock suit to order.
Thank you for the help. I will measure my shoulders per your suggestion. Is the proper way to measure directly across the shoulders blades or at a curve; I've seen both methods online and don't know which is correct. I get vastly different measurements when doing both.

Also, can you tell if piccolocv's suit below has padding or no padding?

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a green sportcoat in a summer appropriate fabric? Having trouble finding one in the swatches

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First KW suit in TR7125 along with dark brown KW captoes. Some issues with the suit, but nothing major. Pants are much more tapered than I normally wear.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First KW suit in TR7125 along with dark brown KW captoes. Some issues with the suit, but nothing major. Pants are much more tapered than I normally wear.

Is this the base mid-gray fabric? It also looks like you lowered the buttoning point. How much did you move it down?

Agree on the pants. I added significantly to the legs, thighs and seat on my pants and they're still very slim.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is this the base mid-gray fabric?  It also looks like you lowered the buttoning point.  How much did you move it down?

Agree on the pants.  I added significantly to the legs, thighs and seat on my pants and they're still very slim.

Fabric is a grey pinpoint. The buttoning point was lowered 1.5cm. The things that bug me are the secondary effect on adjustments made that didn't seem to be accounted for. The hip pockets were not lowered to account for the buttoning point, but it is not too bad. At first the sleeves were perfect, but they increased the shoulders by 1.5cm, but did not (as far as I can tell) account for that in the sleeve measurement. I had the tailor take them up. Also, if you look closely, the left (my left) side of the bottom skirt appears to be slightly longer than the right. I am guessing this is because the right shoulder was raised 1cm, but they did not extend the length to account for that. Other than that, I still have an odd flare at the bottom (not noticeable at that angle) that the tailor didn't seem to completely fix...this bugs me the most...tailor bill was $110! Only decent one in the area, but very expensive. I can live with the pants for now and already have an invoice for another pair with adjustments. Overall, could be much worse.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabric is a grey pinpoint. The buttoning point was lowered 1.5cm. The things that bug me are the secondary effect on adjustments made that didn't seem to be accounted for. The hip pockets were not lowered to account for the buttoning point, but it is not too bad. At first the sleeves were perfect, but they increased the shoulders by 1.5cm, but did not (as far as I can tell) account for that in the sleeve measurement. I had the tailor take them up. Also, if you look closely, the left (my left) side of the bottom skirt appears to be slightly longer than the right. I am guessing this is because the right shoulder was raised 1cm, but they did not extend the length to account for that. Other than that, I still have an odd flare at the bottom (not noticeable at that angle) that the tailor didn't seem to completely fix...this bugs me the most...tailor bill was $110! Only decent one in the area, but very expensive. I can live with the pants for now and already have an invoice for another pair with adjustments. Overall, could be much worse.

Mine had similar issues. I added at least an inch to the jacket length and likewise noticed that the buttoning point and pockets were not correspondingly adjusted, even though Kent told me they would be. The end result for me was a buttoning point that is well above my natural waist.

The balance is also slightly off in my jacket due to my posture. I was considering adjusting that in my next suit, but you have me thinking twice as I ponder other items this might throw off.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mine had similar issues.  I added at least an inch to the jacket length and likewise noticed that the buttoning point and pockets were not correspondingly adjusted, even though Kent told me they would be.  The end result for me was a buttoning point that is well above my natural waist.

The balance is also slightly off in my jacket due to my posture.  I was considering adjusting that in my next suit, but you have me thinking twice as I ponder other items this might throw off.

Yeah, stuff like that really bugs me. I just expected those things would be accounted for because it seemed like a no brainer to me...and I'm no expert. I want to order another one to give it a second shot, but I am becoming hesitant. I would imagine Kent and his team would get it right this time around, but at close to $1k for a decent fabric, I don't know if I will take the risk. I may just stick with Formosa from NWMA as the cut fits me great.

I also don't want to deter anyone away from KW. They were good to work with and most people here have had good results. I don't even consider my own result poor...just not perfect for someone who is very picky.

rc121

Reaction score
It is surprising that the sleeve length and shoulder changes weren't taken into consideration on how one would effect the other. Kent specifically mentioned this when i was giving him measurements about how narrowing the shoulders would make up for sleeve length and I believe he also mentioned how the different shoulder construction would effect sleeve length.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is surprising that the sleeve length and shoulder changes weren't taken into consideration on how one would effect the other. Kent specifically mentioned this when i was giving him measurements about how narrowing the shoulders would make up for sleeve length and I believe he also mentioned how the different shoulder construction would effect sleeve length.

I don't think the issue lies with Kent as much as it does with the factory not doing what it is supposed to do in every instance. The end result are flaws that are too minor to make a big deal about or demand a remake.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads