1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Amine

Amine Member

+1, woven dots are indeed much better than printed dots ... but combining pindots and herringbone designs is a turn off for me, I like things plain and simple.

2. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I have those pindot ties in navy and maroon. The dot and herringbone combination is very attractive in person.

However, if I lost them and had to get new staple pindot ties, I'd honestly look elsewhere and seek out a tie with printed dots. The woven dots (and the silk generally) snag SO easily. Just handling them if the skin on my hands is remotely dry will catch the fabric and risk causing snags and runs. They feel very delicate. A heavy printed silk is harder-wearing, in my experience.

1 person likes this.
  3. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

anyone have the loafers? reviews? thanks

4. Simond92

Simond92 New Member

I just ordered a polo. I know the site recommends hang dry. But has anyone had any experience with tumble dry on low heat? Does it cause major shrinkage? It's so much more convenient.

5. jlykos

jlykos Member

Just purchased my first Kent Wang polo and I love it. The thickness of the fabric is definitely a plus, as it drapes better and does not wrinkle as easily. Sizing was crazy, however. I'm 6 feet, 180 pounds and reasonably fit. I take a slim fit medium in Brooks Brothers polos but had to size up to a XL in the Kent Wang. Both fit me very well but the fabric quality on the Kent Wang is superior.

6. razl

razl Senior member

I've only had mine about 2 months now and they've been washed twice, maybe three times. All tumble-dried on very-low and it hasn't caused any shrinkage I can detect. Note though that I was particular when I got my washer/dryer and it's very-low really is barely any heat; items come out barely warm to the touch even after extended periods.

1 person likes this.
  7. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

I have had them a little over the year.

They run slightly long and slightly narrow, but nothing extreme - little bit of toe pinch for me on the right foot when I am wearing moderately thick socks (I run a pretty true 10D, Kent's benchgrade captoes in the same size fit me perfectly). If you have wide feet, this may not be for you, as I think if I sized up half a size the shoe would be too long.

Construction is superb, as one would expect, and the shoes are shockingly comfortable in terms of the cushioning - feels the most like a sneaker of any dress shoe I have owned.

I personally was not a fan of the natural edge, so when I got at topy added I had my cobbler also stain the edges dark brown and I like the look MUCH better, ymmv.

Love the last - perfect mix between sleek without getting into overly-chiseled. For me, there weren't many options for a loafer in med brown of this quality and last, so it made it an easier buy.

No recent pics, but here are some over the past year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

Very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I agree - I am shocked at how hard it is to find a good quality loafer in a sleek, but-not-too-sleek last. I am a US 10D/E, so I have some concerns on width, but I'll give them a try. I agree on the sole/edging. If I keep them, they'll likely be getting a similar dye. Thanks again

9. pendragon

pendragon Senior member

I have several. Machine wash hot, tumble dry hot. No issues with shrinkage. You need to size up when you buy, because his sizing is so XXXXtra-slim-fit it looks tight on a skinny hipster.

10. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

KW Glen Plaid for my buddy's wedding over the weekend. Would you guys consider this a good knot?
    [​IMG]

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

12. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Is this a 3" or 3.5"? My guess is 3.5"

13. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

14. Drez

Drez Well-Known Member

I just wanted to take a moment and share my positive experiences with Kent Wang Haberdasher

Order/Customer Service
    I did not have much need to use customer support but the website was easy to use, the order went without an issues and the turn around time was quite reasonable. This speaks for itself, even if its somewhat unremarkable.

Value/Products
    Kent Wang offers affordable international shipping, this is a tremendous boon for us Canadians as mysteriously many merchants in the US refuse to take advantage USPS shipping options and we can end up paying as much in shipping, brokerage etc as was spent on the purchase. So thanks for that.

The products I ordered were the Linen 12" pocket square and the Edo Castle pocket square.

Starting with the linen, it has a lovely texture to it, the very reason linen is considered desirable for a white psq. Plain linen pocket square prices seem kind of crazy to me when one considers you can often find a whole linen shirt for about the same price as some linen squares and from that you could easily make half a dozen squares if you wanted. As such it was incredibly refreshing to find Kent Wang's offered at entry level pricing. Its hard to find anything better than a square rag for this price and yet the rolled edges are miles above what one typically finds on squares twice the cost. For reference J Crew offers a plain linen square at $50 vs Kent at $20. A larger square is also offered, I found 12" enough given the bulk of the material.

Next, the Edo Castle. As mentioned pocket square prices for some are hard to justify. Before trying Kent's products, shelling out $50 on what felt like a no name product seemed like taking a risk, especially considering I concurrently found some nice Battisti Napoli squares significantly discounted at roughly half the cost. If anyone has this foolhardy notion, dismiss it now! The Edo castle pattern is simply exquisite in its detail and the quality is top notch. The details are unique and worth every penny. I'm particularly a fan of of this square as it reminds me of James Clavell's novel, Shogun, but anyone should be able to appreciate this piece at a glance. Even beyond its aesthetic appeal, its insanely functional in its versatility. Its very easy to pull Blues, Greens and Yellows out of it. Colours I would argue partner well and frequently. You can also rearrange it for various different looks or balances in colour because the pattern is not uniform.

In closing, I'm very pleased in every regard, I look forward to my next purchase!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. razl

razl Senior member

Long term followup - the first batch of navy and white have been doing fantastic service in early summer rotation. I just plunked down for a grey and light blue to expand my range a bit.

My other polos that I used to wear all the time haven't seen the light of day and are effectively retired. I can't believe it but they will probably go in my next Goodwill donation drop...

16. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Do the KW belts match the shoes?

Probably going to pick up the medium brown benchgrades.

Also, I have wide feet with a high instep. Size 10E in Park Aves should translate to 10.5 in KW benchgrade, correct?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  17. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ancient madder paisley pocket squares

The belts aren't made from the same leather, as they're bridle leather, which is too thick for making shoes. But the colors are quite close, and that's all that matters. Matching belt and shoes precisely is a little too OCD.

Probably 10.5, but you might need to size down to 10.

Edo Castle is one of my favorites. I wear it all the time as it's very versatile. I even have the print hanging on my wall. But that's a story for another day.

18. Drez

Drez Well-Known Member

You can't do this to us, now everyone will be wondering...

19. Galix

Galix Senior member

Last week I received a batch of polos, washed them in warm water and tumble dried them. I didn't have any issue with shrinkage. If they shrank it is imperceptible to my naked eye. The fit and the quality are awesome!

20. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

@Kent Wang I want to buy the watch and was wondering if we could replace the strap with nato straps or other non-kent wang straps? thank you!