1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I emailed about the black ones, and they said March 31

2. Stumpus

Stumpus New Member

I'm interested in the clearance charcoal suits that you have, but I have a twi questions.

One, is with fit. Now my shoulders measure a 19, but I'm typically a 38r or 39r. I have a suitsupply that I really like the fit of, and that's a 38r and the shoulder measures 18.6.

According to your measurement guide though, it says that a 44r has a 19 shoulder width. How does the 44r compare to other suit brands sizing? My concern is that I'll get the suit and I'll be swimming in it from the shoulders down.

And another related question, if the suit doesn't work out, what is the general cost to the buyer for returns?

Thanks!

3. pedestrian

pedestrian New Member

Keep in mind that suitsupply's size guide measures shoulders like this (diagram taken from SuitSupply's website):

[​IMG]

while I believe Kent Wang's shoulder measurements are straight across the back.

If the "18.6 inch" measurement you quoted was taken from the SS website, try measuring yourself (straight across) and comparing to KW's measurements.

4. Stumpus

Stumpus New Member

Thanks for that. Something about my measurements didn't seem right when taken in conjunction with the others.

But I got an email response and it looks like the size they felt was best for me was sold out. Alas, maybe next time.

5. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Kent - any trunk shows out west anytime soon?

6. Hotel Guy

Hotel Guy Senior member

Kent - I have a pair of the dark brown benchgrade captoes that I love and I wear the hell out them. I've had them about a year and one shoe is starting to get a little hole in the sole/instep. Any recommendations for specific type of resoling? I definitely want to keep with the leather sole, but I know the heels have the nails and are channel'd, so I want to make sure I get them appropriately resoled.

7. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

+1...please say it'll be so Kent!

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Sencha tea $25

Sencha (Japanese for “steamed tea”) is a style of green tea. While most tea is roasted after harvest, sencha is steamed, preserving the green color and fresh flavor of the tea leaves.

Located in the historic center of Kyoto, Ippodo Tea Co. has been blending tea for nearly three centuries. The small, family-owned business sources tea leaves from small farms in the surrounding Kyoto area. This region produces the highest quality tea in Japan, thanks to its mild, humid climate and mineral-rich soil.

The Hosen grade of sencha is sweet, grassy, and packed with umami (savory) flavor. Suitable for drinking on its own or pairing with light foods, such as fish and vegetables.

Maybe San Francisco in late April. I'll decide in a few weeks.

There's no need for a specific type of resole, but whenever I have mine resoled I ask to channel the sole (hide the sole stitching), which costs about $5 more and looks a little neater. I'm sure you can find a good cobbler in Chicago, but those in smaller cities may want to ship them to B. Nelson in New York.

1 person likes this.
  9. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Any recommendations for one (a cobbler) in Los Angeles?

10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Jesse from Put This On did a piece about one years ago and now I can't remember their name. I sent them a pair and they did a good job. Let me do some digging when I get in front of a PC.

11. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Did you ever decide to do the Starry Night square?

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

You're thinking of Willie's Shoe Service and/or Don Ville, both run by Raul Ojeda. He did some pretty poor work for me, so caveat emptor. I've had good work done at Willie's too, but that was when Willie was still there. If you just need a resole, I'm sure he's fine. If you have actual damage to be repaired, I'd suggest Pasquale's on San Vicente.

14. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

That is pretty awesome! I love that square too!

In other news … X-post from the Tailor's feedback thread. I got the trial suit the other day and would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks!!

15. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Echoing other comments, I got the swim trunks the other day and they are AWESOME! The quality and design are fantastic. I tried them on and my wife said, "Those look great! You could wear those as shorts!". I said, "Exactly! It'll go great with my Kent Wang Polos!!" :)

16. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

How did the size correspond to your actual waist size? By the chart I should probably go with a 32, but my size 32 OBs (which these seem to be modeled after) are way too big.

17. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

I'm not sure about my waist measurement. The shorts fit similar to the trousers. Kent suggested the 30 based on my trouser fit. There is no vanity sizing, so a 32 might be good for you. Looking at OB, I think I'd be closer to a 28, never tried them though. The best thing to do is measure a pair of trousers the fit you in the waist. I hope this helps. Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  18. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Light grey trousers $175

Slim fit, but if it doesn’t fit you perfectly, return it and we’ll make you a new custom trouser.

Yes, should be arriving around March 25.

19. namdaemun

namdaemun Senior member

Can someone chime in if they've purchased this watch? I need a decent, "clean-looking" watch and am willing to spend up to $1200. I believe this retails for $400. Thoughts on the quality & movement?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  20. SYQ

SYQ Active Member

Noticed some white scuff marks on the toe of my KW captoe black oxfords. Is this normal? What's the best way to get rid of them?
    [​IMG]