• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Firefox

Reaction score
Just got my dark brown benchgrade captoes. No duty to Canada
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
KW always takes care of the Canadians.
Great to know! I'd love to see some photos "in the wild". I'm still trying to figure out if I should get the mid brown or dark brown.

How did you find the sizing? Are you able to compare it to Allen Edmonds?

topos

Reaction score
Sorry, noob question but where are the tweed fabrics on the site?
click on the "About" tab, then on "Suits", and then scroll down to Fabrics, where there are links to photos of the fabrics which don't appear along the others in the usual place.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will you ever expand the tweed selection?

No, there won't be any more fall/winter fabrics until next year.

Kent,

the shoe trees that you sell, are they better fit for the benchgrade shoes, compared to (for example), the Woodlore Epic trees?

Our shoe trees fit better than the Woodlore for all shoes, including our benchgrade and handgrade shoes.

dlm4114

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the TR2014 fabric as something for a lighter-than-navy/medium blue suit? I'm a bit on the fence about how it'd look done up. I tend to think that the pattern wouldn't be all that visible from any kind of distance, but I'm not all that sure. Here's a link, it's third from the top on the right:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/9511770474_6acd241773_k.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thrifter

Reaction score

Great to know! I'd love to see some photos "in the wild". I'm still trying to figure out if I should get the mid brown or dark brown.

How did you find the sizing? Are you able to compare it to Allen Edmonds?

The dark brown are a really versatile colour... not as dark as the photos. I'll try to post some pics when I have a chance. Fit/sizing is pretty much the same as AE '0' Last. I have the AE Evanston's which are on the 0 last and they fit almost exactly the same. I wear a 10.5D in both.

Firefox

Reaction score
The dark brown are a really versatile colour... not as dark as the photos. I'll try to post some pics when I have a chance. Fit/sizing is pretty much the same as AE '0' Last. I have the AE Evanston's which are on the 0 last and they fit almost exactly the same. I wear a 10.5D in both.
I also wear 10.5D, although I haven't tried any AEs in the 0 last. My best-fitting pair are probably the AE Delray (which is the 108 aka '8' last).

Firefox

Reaction score
Double Post

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads