• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Just got my dark brown benchgrade captoes. No duty to Canada :slayer: KW always takes care of the Canadians.

Last edited:

Samir

Reaction score
Just got a pair of the dark brown captoes in this weekend. They're beautiful, but I think might be a little too big for me. I'm sized an an 8D on the Brannock and wear Park Avenues in that size, so that's what I ordered.. there's some slight gap at the heel when I'm wearing them normally, but if I slide my feet up to better conform to the forefoot of the shoe (not jamming them by any means), I think I have a solid 0.5" of gap.
Hey guys, any advice would be appreciated. I sent back the captoes in size 8 with plans to exchange them for a pair of 7.5s, but I'm wondering if I should size down even more to a 7 given how noticeable the heel gap was. Does going down a full size from the AE 5 last (and what I assume was accurate sizing on the Brannock) seem too extreme?

rc121

Reaction score
just got my first suit from kent yesterday and wanted some fit opinions on chest and waist. Trying to get this tailored asap and I've not used this tailor to do a jacket before so I want to be clear on what I tell them, thanks

Last edited:

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Hey guys, any advice would be appreciated. I sent back the captoes in size 8 with plans to exchange them for a pair of 7.5s, but I'm wondering if I should size down even more to a 7 given how noticeable the heel gap was. Does going down a full size from the AE 5 last (and what I assume was accurate sizing on the Brannock) seem too extreme?
I am a 10D in AE Strands, got the 10D KW captoes. Had minor heel slipping at start, found out this was common until the shoe breaks in. After ~2 weeks of regular but light wear, no heel slip to date. YMMV

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just got my first suit from kent yesterday and wanted some fit opinions on chest and waist. Trying to get this tailored asap and I've not used this tailor to do a jacket before so I want to be clear on what I tell them, thanks

Shorten the sleeves. I personally like my jackets more fitted through the chest and body. If that's what you want, simply tell the guy you want it more tapered from [here] to [here], have him pin it, then decide if you want more or less.

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on a pair of shoes at the first trunk show and actually thought one size down from my Brannock was good. Did not have them on for long though and don't remember which shoes I tried on.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

burghler

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not familiar with PS blog. What does the PS stand for?
It's Proper Suit's blog. I've never ordered from them but saw the pic while browsing. And I didn't want it to seem like I was advertising for them on KW's thread :)

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Kent, any chance you will be putting up a Fall/Winter look book?

Samir

Reaction score
I am a 10D in AE Strands, got the 10D KW captoes. Had minor heel slipping at start, found out this was common until the shoe breaks in. After ~2 weeks of regular but light wear, no heel slip to date. YMMV
I tried on a pair of shoes at the first trunk show and actually thought one size down from my Brannock was good. Did not have them on for long though and don't remember which shoes I tried on.
Thanks for the advice, guys! I think sizing down to 7.5 (the AE 5 last can't be a whole size bigger, right?) should work fine, but I'm just being extra wary since the costs of returning the shoes (a second time) would make my grad student budget very very sad, haha.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent,

the shoe trees that you sell, are they better fit for the benchgrade shoes, compared to (for example), the Woodlore Epic trees?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads