• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for those who went through MTM suit process, would you advise against a working cuff on the jacket? I'm a little concern since this is my

first go around...Thanks

Kent will make the recommended adjustments close enough that I wouldn't worry about having it done. At worst, some minor adjustment at a local tailor will get it perfect. When I did my suit with Kent, the sleeve length turned out perfectly.

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all who chimed in. Reading all these positive comments makes me very excited on the final outcome. Just out of curiosity, most of my email correspondence are with other mtm members, other than Kent himself. Seems like KW is too busy to handle everything but i would like he is very much involve during the entire process.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Kent is currently kicking sartorial ass at his New York trunk show, so I'd cut him a little slack between now and Monday for that reason.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But my correspondance with them has been going on for the past 3 weeks and all except for a couple of non fitting responses are by other members of his mtm team. Im hoping Kent will hav a final say on the final recommendations

Louys

Reaction score
Does any one have the brown and or burgundy knit ties? If so could you please describe the color IRL or provide pics?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
But my correspondance with them has been going on for the past 3 weeks and all except for a couple of non fitting responses are by other members of his mtm team. Im hoping Kent will hav a final say on the final recommendations

He's also been traveling through Europe, I think, during the last several weeks.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems Kent is busy, so, for those who know do the shoes get restocked? Seems like the medium brown oxfords have been sold out for a long time.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, after ordering a and trying the trial suit, what exactly can be modified for your last suit?

Can the button stance be lowered/heightened?
Can one shoulder be made shorter/wider than the other?
Can the back/shoulder section be adjusted for hunching, sloping or squaring of shoulders, collar gap/back bunching.
etc.

Or are there just minor modification made to a new stock suit, like adjusting sleeve length, taking in waist.

Thanks

topos

Reaction score
Hi, after ordering a and trying the trial suit, what exactly can be modified for your last suit?

Can the back/shoulder section be adjusted for hunching, sloping or squaring of shoulders, collar gap/back bunching.
etc.

Or are there just minor modification made to a new stock suit, like adjusting sleeve length, taking in waist.

Thanks

lots of stuff can be modified. i'm pretty sure (to a certain extent) everything you listed above and more. i say "to a certain extent" because your changes are modifications to an existing pattern, and probably certain things cannot be drastically changed without throwing off the "balance" of the pattern you're working from.

rc121

Reaction score
like topos said, they are modifying the pattern of the suit being made for you, not making modifications to an already made suit. Wouldn't be MTM if it was the latter.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems Kent is busy, so, for those who know do the shoes get restocked? Seems like the medium brown oxfords have been sold out for a long time.
Might be two months. It has been difficult reordering this color.

etc.
Button stance, yes.

I've never encountered shorter shoulders. Usually it's that one shoulder slopes more than the other, which we can accommodate by adjusting the shoulder angle to match.

Yes to all of those.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, sounds like I'll be placing an order not too long from now then.

Which of your available fabrics would look most like this? I'm basically looking for a staple Navy suit, which is a bit more blue than dark...and not too dull. Have enough of dark-dark navy suits.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
They do, email [email protected] - I emailed 2 days ago about the 3.5 inch brown cashmere tie, next day I got a reply they were back in stock.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Might be two months. It has been difficult reordering this color.

Button stance, yes.

I've never encountered shorter shoulders. Usually it's that one shoulder slopes more than the other, which we can accommodate by adjusting the shoulder angle to match.

Yes to all of those.

Thanks! I just ordered the dark brown half hoping the 8.5 do not fit so I can exchange and snag that last size 8 in medium brown, too :eek:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome, sounds like I'll be placing an order not too long from now then. Which of your available fabrics would look most like this? I'm basically looking for a staple Navy suit, which is a bit more blue than dark...and not too dull. Have enough of dark-dark navy suits.
This looks a lot like the first suit I ordered, but I can't remember the fabric number right now. I want to say it was something like TR7065, but I'll look it up and get back to you. That is one weird looking vest on that guy though...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads