1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. unjung

unjung Senior member

Aaron's comments to me:

2. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Seems reasonable, but I would consider leaving the cuff width as is if you ever wear double cuffs. That's also a lot off the back length for me, but I'm guessing you want to play with the balance a bit, right? The only suggestion I'd make is to lessen the trouser taper from the knee down so that you can go a little longer without introducing more break.

3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

There's a navy that a few people have gotten here and really liked. It's a little lighter, and if I remember correctly, really brightens up in the sun. Anyone remember the fabric number? Thanks

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

TR7089. I have it and still wear it fairly often, great fabric

1 person likes this.
  5. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Anyone every gotten a suit made with pleated pants? I'm considering doing a single pleat but would like to see what it looks like first.

6. hookem12387

Thanks, Beatle. I emailed Kent about it. The fabric doesn't show on the website, but hopefully it's still around.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

It is. It's one of the base level A fabrics. Just saw it as an option in May.

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

I know prob best to just contact Kent but has the brown herringbone ever been restocked in size 38? Looks like a good odd jacket to have.

9. Samir

Samir Senior member

Kent, ever thought about making your ties in a shorter length? At 5'7.5", my navy grenadine is just too long (although I like it a lot). Maybe a 53" version to add to the 57" / and 62" options?

1 person likes this.
  10. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Regretfully, my mom purchased the wrong size polo for me as a gift. I wear a Medium, but she ordered a small. I didn't even think to check the tag before laundering it. (A silly mistake.) When I tried it on I noticed the error. So...it is now listed on B&S for any interested.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/404819/kent-wang-polo-white-small

11. KingBankUno

KingBankUno Active Member

Anyone have any info on sizing for Kent Wang's shoes? It says industry standard, but I was wondering if anyone could compare it to say, a standard with AE Park Ave / Fifth Ave / Strand? If I wear a 10.5D in those, should I get a 10.5 in Kent's shoes? In particular I'm wondering about the Single Monkstrap.

12. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I have the single monkstrap, the double monkstrap, and the brogue in size 7 and I'm size 7D in AE strand. The instep is a bit higher so you won't see as wide of a V shape in the laces as you do with the AE. The toe of the KW are more elongated but I feel comfortable in both. Great return policy so I'd say give it a shot.

13. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I'm a 11 in KW plain toe balmoral, and a 10.5 in AE McTavish. Obviously, KW's last is sleeker, but I feel confortable in both.

14. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

I am a 10D Brannock and in the Strand, wear a 10D for both the brown captoes and the med brown loafers. Captoes have more room in toe box than loafers do, so I find is slightly better fitting of the two.

15. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Recent suit from Kent. Please excuse the bathroom shot.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

hi yywwyy

how wide are those lapels

17. hookem12387

@yywwyy wide lapels soft shoulders? It looks great. Any special changes?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  18. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

@yywwyy , I'm struggling with the patch pockets on a suit that is very city. I just got the same suit by the way and am not sure yet what I think of the wide lapels. I wish they were about 0.5 cm more narrow.

19. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Looks good.

Part of me wants to try the bigger lapels on a sportcoat, but I'm afraid as a 38R/39R it will make me feel like I am swimming in fabric.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014