1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Three wedding ties and white linen pocket squares en route.

2. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I think @msulinski did a MTM with Kent. Was Minnis Fresco as well, IIRC.

3. razl

razl Senior member

Any chance of these becoming available in some hopsack materials and/or other colors, like a gray?

4. fJab17

fJab17 Member

I am in need of a suit I can wear in Florida (hot weather).

Unstructured means no shoulder padding and no canvass correct? What about the lining? Does unstructured also means no lining, or would you go unstructured and then half lined?

Also curious if unstructured is more prone to wrinkling?

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

The pics of my blue suit on 2/21/13 and 7/16/13 show the soft shoulder.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  6. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Thanks, CD! Looking good.

7. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I did a CMT with a Minnis fresco. Once I got the fabric, I just had to ship it to China, which adds about $65 to the cost (plus the cost of fabric). It turned out fine.

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Did you go for full lining or half lining for the fresco?

And did you ask for dark canvassing? (Worried that the canvassing will show through due to the super open weave)

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

How much did you pay for the fabric? I was looking at #0571 in the Fresco II book, which is £51.80 per meter on hfwltd.com, so converting that to dollars and estimating I'd need 3.5 meters, that's about $300 just for the fabric, plus shipping I'm up to $365, and the CMT price is over $700 now. The total will be around $1100 all in. Are there any fabrics currently available that are close to this navy Fresco windowpane? It's actually listed as navy chalkstripe on the Huddersfield Fine Worsted website, but I have the swatch and it's definitely a windowpane.

10. venividivicibj

The zegna 'cool wool' or whatever is called is similar. I'm sure they have some 'open weave' fabrics, or something at least kind of similar.

And yes, my fresco was about 50£/ meter as well. Really adds to the CMT cost.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I did half lined jacket and the default on the pants. I did nothing special with the canvassing, but the fabric is very light gray.

I think I paid $750 to Kent alone, plus fabric ($280 or so) and shipping. So it isn't cheap.

12. eilay

eilay Well-Known Member

Do you think that the Zegna "cool effect" will get fuzzy over time like the fresco?

13. venividivicibj

I have not heard of fresco becoming fuzzy other than a claim made many years ago by FNB.

And I have no long term experience with the zegna, just ask kent, and they'll point out which fabrics work for that type of weather/style

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Yeah, I mean, it is naturally a bit textured, but I like that. It's a pretty hard wearing cloth from what I understand--note that I do not own a Fresco suit--yet anyways, I have one on the way. Really like the fabric.

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, but you can just order it through made-to-measure.

Unstructured means no shoulder padding, no canvas. Lining is a different matter, but logically you would want half lined as well.

Unstructured makes for a very soft front, so there will be more pulling there and won't lay as smoothly—canvas was invented for a reason. It's a more casual look. It's less of an issue with cotton and linen because they're naturally stiffer than wool.

16. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

I need some clarification on the made to measure process for the suit. If you are interested in one of the fabrics Kent has in stock that's listed on his website do you just go ahead and order a trial suit and take good fit pics of the trial suit to send to Kent . He will then proceed to make suggestions of changes based on the pictures you took and once you agree on all the suggestions he will go ahead and make you the final suit based on the agreed changes in the fabric of your choice? Or is it that if you want to order the trial suit you could only get charchoal as your first Kent Wang made to measure suit otherwise you will have to get measured in person by them in their pop up shop in order to have something else other than the trial suit charcoal as your first made to measure suit?

17. venividivicibj

Order charcoal.

Take pics in charcoal.

Send to kent, talk about changes.

Send back charcoal, and get actual suit you want.

18. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Those who have museum calf shoes, any special way to shine them so the mottling is not washed out? Such a beauitful depth to the shoe, would hate to lose it underneath medium brown polish.

19. venividivicibj

Neutral shoe polish or shoe creme.

2 people like this.
  20. wurger

wurger Senior member

+1