1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Thanks, Kent. Just seeing this response. I have sent an email and will take pictures exhibiting the size difference if need be.

It is a pleasure doing business with you, sir.

2. mfridman

mfridman Well-Known Member

Just ordered a glen plaid tie from the online store, can't wait for it to arrive! Hope there will be no trouble with parcel clearing the customs.

Also a question:

How do the KW polos compare to Lacoste in terms of size?

3. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Just received my first KW polo (though I own a rugby) and it's fantastic. The color (pink) and fit are perfect. Love the collar. I had considered sizing down to a M but I'm glad I stuck with L. For what it's worth I'm 5'11" 170# with a 38.5" chest.

1 person likes this.
  4. eilay

eilay Well-Known Member

I posted this question in a new thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I'd post it here: I'm getting a mid-grey MTM suit, and I'm looking for a soft fabric that wears well. I'm considering a Zegna Cool Effect 190gr and an Ariston 270gr S130. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how these two compare? Thanks!

5. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Did you already try the unfunded liabilities thread?

6. eilay

eilay Well-Known Member

I haven't, but I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion, PiCcolocV!

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Ask Kent.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Has anyone done CMT with Kent? There are some Minnis Fresco fabrics I have my eye on for a spring/summer suit, or basically it will be year round for the climate I live in. How many meters would I need to order for a two piece suit, approx size 40/42L? 3 meters?

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I will do it in a month or two with Minnis 520. I'm size 40, and I got 2.25 meters/2.5 yards for a SC. Email kent, and he'll advise how much you need (I bought mine and asked after, and they said it would be more than enough)

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It depends on your size, and whether the fabric is plain, striped, or checked, larger patterns requiring more fabric for pattern matching. Email us and we'll look it up.

But very generally, for most people, it's 3.5 m for a suit, 2.2 m for a jacket, 2.0 m for trousers.

For spring/summer, if you're alright with a softer, more casual look, consider unstructured (no canvas). The temperature difference between canvas and unstructured is greater than going from a four season wool to the lightest, most breathable fresco; it's more like going from tweed to a four season wool.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We now have unstructured jackets in navy nailhead and two kinds of seersucker.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  11. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

I have a suit coming in that nailhead fabric, but grey. I'll be posting pics next week.

12. venividivicibj

Is there a picture for each of the button options? I see a list of the options, but not pictures of them.

Also, would love a medium brown/exotic horn button option.

Something like this [​IMG]

13. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Kent - that nailhead jacket is great; definitely adding to my list.

Question about summer fabrics. I'm relocating to a very hot year-round climate over the summer - are there particular fabrics on your site that you would recommend for warm-weather suits? I can see the fabric weights on the swatches but not so much the weaves, etc. I work in a fairly CBD field so while half-lined will be a must, unstructured is not an option for suits.

Thanks!

14. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

Turns out my white polo is a Small. The fit issue is entirely due to the fact that the person who purchased it for me ordered the wrong size.

I feel like a dunce for never bothering to check that little S that is ever so conveniently placed below the collar...[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  15. Beatlegeuse

Thanks Kent and Venividivicibj,

I'll send an email with my details once I narrow down my fabric choice. I was leaning towards a windowpane fabric, so I might need more cloth for the pattern matching. I've been thinking about an unstructured jacket vs a standard one with 1/2 lining and a fresco fabric. I still want something that I can wear for work, so I'm not sure if unstructured would still be dressy enough. Although the ones you posted do look really nice and not as casual as I might have expected for an unstructured jacket. Maybe I'll CMT a suit but then try out the unstructured option for a SC.

16. venividivicibj

I'm doing no padding with spalla camicia. It's structured, but with no roping and it has slight shirring, also called 'shirtsleeve' shoulders by some. More formal than unstructured

17. Beatlegeuse

My last jacket I ordered was 1/2 lined with soft shoulders, and I love it, wear it constantly. If I tried the unstructured it would be more for the lighter weight rather than more natural shoulders compared to the soft shoulder option.

18. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

19. Beatlegeuse

This is the best photo I could find at the moment, hope this helps!

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Helps immensely. Thanks! Soft shoulders look like the way to go.