1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. europrep

europrep Senior member

Wurger, thanks for pics. While disappointed the mottling doesn't come through, I really like the color. It seems a tad lighter shade than most navy shoes I see. It won't be mistaken for black.

2. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

4. ricedaddy

ricedaddy Active Member

Anyone who's had the chance to regularly wear the V2 Sneakers care to give an update on how their holding up? Thanks!

5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Ah, now I feel bad for recommending them. Sorry wurger! From what I've been told and from the other pictures I thought it would be more museum. Thanks for pictures though, helps myself and others know what to expect.

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    Niyi Okuboyejo in a Kent Wang suit
    101050 fabric, unstructured construction, no shoulder padding, standard lapel width

1 person likes this.
  7. wurger

wurger Senior member

all good, don't mind a pair of navy shoes :)

8. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

Kent,

Any plans to introduce more colours for your polo shirts? My fav polos by far :)

9. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Perfect, thanks Kent. I was especially looking for that torso shot to see the pattern.

10. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Anyone know if the new seersucker blazer is a true 3r2, or more of a 3r2.5? The picture of Kent in it looks like a standard 2 button, but the image on the website has the roll farther up on the lapels.

11. Kent Wang

[​IMG][​IMG]

Seersucker jacket $495, seersucker trousers $175

Our 3-roll-2 is made as a what you could call 3-roll-2.5. I find that terminology odd as a 3-roll-2.0 that does not show the top button seems pointless. I believe all 3-roll-2 should be made as 3-roll-2.5. Therefore I only use the term 3-roll-2 and refuse to acknowledge the existence or possibility of a 3-roll-2.0 by using the term 3-roll-2.5.

The picture of my own custom jacket has only two buttons and flap pockets, but is otherwise the same. Sorry for the confusion.

1 person likes this.
  12. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Looks outstanding.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

If we order a jacket though, could we order a 'true' 3 roll 2, or due to house style would it not be possible?

14. Kent Wang

We can only make 3-roll-2.5, not 3-roll-2.0.

If you really want 3-roll-2.0, you could either press the lapels on a 3-roll-2.5, or order a 2 button and sew on an extra button.

15. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Stopped by the popup shop in New York briefly yesterday to look at a couple of spring/summer SC fabrics. Took some photos in natural light for my own use, but thought that they might be useful for some here. I know Kent has posted the full books on the site, but sometimes it's nice to see them with scale (i.e. my thumb) and in brighter light--I know I had written a few of these off but thought they looked much better in person.

Hope someone finds them useful. Still not sure which of these I'm going to pick...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    4 people like this.
  16. poissa

poissa Senior member

Looking online I wasn't able to find a light grey color for suits. Can you show pics of the light grey? This is for a day time wedding event.

17. romafan

romafan Senior member

Stopped by the popup shop in New York briefly yesterday to look at a couple of spring/summer SC fabrics. Took some photos in natural light for my own use, but thought that they might be useful for some here. I know Kent has posted the full books on the site, but sometimes it's nice to see them with scale (i.e. my thumb) and in brighter light--I know I had written a few of these off but thought they looked much better in person.

Hope someone finds them useful. Still not sure which of these I'm going to pick...

Where is the NY popup? Is there any regular merch there or just fabrics?

18. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

It's in Chelsea, 27th & 8th. They are open Wednesday evening and Saturdays. It's a very small space, so email first.

They had a selection of the other items (shoes, shirts, squares, etc) but mostly for demonstration rather than buying on the spot--no inventory that I saw. Still, it's very helpful to be able to e.g. see and hold the shoes in person, or in my case, the MTM fabrics. They also have some Ariston fabrics that are not on the site, but they are mostly suiting and Fall/Winter fabrics, so I didn't dig through them too much.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  19. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

That tan right there with the light blue windowpane (TRE 1008 Drago I think?) really speaks to me for a summer blazer.

I get the LI 60% means 60% linen but what is WV 40%?

20. Kent Wang

New York pop up shop

WV and WO are both wool.

1 person likes this.