1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

CD - suit looks great!

Yup, I should have the suit back next week so I'll take pics then. I dropped it off with my tailor on my lunch break. The only thing I ended up getting done was adding a bit more waist suppression. Everything else was pretty spot on.

I actually dropped off my navy suit as well to get a few tweaks done that I neglected to do when I first got it. The pants were still a bit too loose so I got those slimmed and I got a few small things cleaned up on the jacket as well. Looking forward to getting them both back!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

2. ScootManSam

ScootManSam Well-Known Member

Wow that suit is seriously ON POINT! How many suits did it take you to get your fit dialed in like that?

3. mrjester

mrjester Distinguished Member

Donuts, going to be hard to go back to OTR/SuitSupply?

Jacket looks great but for some reason, to my eye. I'm not sure if it is though. That could be personal preference. Either way, that's quite the suit you have there. Sleeves look perfect.

4. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior Member

Donuts, that is a great fit. Mind sharing your measurements?

5. Omar1223

Omar1223 Distinguished Member

+1 and would love to know what options you went with as well. suit looks great.

thanks in advance!

6. atoms

atoms Senior Member

+1

7. thomasB

thomasB Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone on here has done a KW suit with standard sized peak lapels on just a two-button, single breasted jacket? I know there is one pic in this thread but would love to see one or two more. I'm still on the fence. Anyone have any thoughts about this configuration in general? Should peak lapels be reserved for double breasted jackets and tuxedos? BTW this will be my wedding suit and I'm going with the 7089 fabric.

8. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Distinguished Member

Huh? :puzzled:

But yes, the suit looks great, Donuts!

I love peak lapels and think they are just fine on a single breasted jacket. Your wedding is a great excuse to buy a peak lapel jacket and they'd look great on 7089. The only downside is that the suit may lose some versatility, as peak lapels up the formality and are generally not recommended for conservative environments.

9. topos

topos Senior Member

There are a couple of pictures in the lookbook of SB peak lapels: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentwang/8466683873/in/set-72157632758026290/

The peak lapel is a little dressier, so it might make your suit less versatile for future wear if you obsess over things like this. I doubt very many people will even notice, and those few who do won't think anything of it, and those still fewer that do, well, do you really care? If you like the way it looks, go for it. I was steered away from it when I had a suit made for my wedding by the tailor based on the "more versatile" advice I just gave you, but I was leaning that way anyways. Also: I think adding a vest with this configuration is nice. Then again so is a vest with SB notch.

10. mrjester

Maybe a higher button stance? (as in his is higher than usual)

Or maybe, just maybe, I don't know how a good suit should fit.

11. random-adam

random-adam Distinguished Member

I went 1B/peak charcoal (with a DB waistcoat) for my wedding and it turned out really well. As they state above, a single-breasted peak lapel suit isn't too great for anything outside of social occasions; I pushed the envelope a bit wearing it at my grandfather-in-law's funeral last week.

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

CD nailed the fit he was going for. I also think his button stance is perfect for his build. I suspect your hesitation has to deal with personal preferences, such as the fact CD likes his jackets on the shorter side and I'm personally not a fan of how slim the shoulders are on his jacket. I think he could stand to extend his shoulders a little bit, but that is personal preference.

13. Flyswatter

Re-read your text that I quoted. I think you left out some words, lol. Hence my confusion.

14. mrjester

rofl. Fuck.

To my eye, it looks short. This is what happens when you surf SF on a conference call. Maybe I should stop doing that.

15. Flyswatter

Hahaha. Gotchya. Makes sense now. Yes, I agree, it's a hair short for my tastes, but nothing absurd. And I recall CD mentioning a while ago in this thread that he likes shorter jackets, so all is good. Stylistic preference. I think it looks good on him. :)