1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

All of these Wangs look nice, but how's the leather held up?

2. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

Question regarding MTM suit order turnaround. Once you place your order via Kents website. How long does it typically take to finalize the order with Kents MTM people. Please assume Kent already has your measurments stored and this is not your first purchase

What i mean by finalize is. Selecting your fabric, tweaking any sizes/options, paying for fabric cost increase(if ordering a fabric not on the main site). ANd then finally having the order submitted for creation. Should this take a few days? 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

So from new order to suit reception basically?

4. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

Well no actually. From purchasing a suit from the SS14 fabrics and paying for the fabric and having that order submitted for creation.Maybe throw in a question or two to the MTM email person (Just the actuall process of ordering not how long it takes to make the suit)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Less than a week. I always tell Kent my order and my measurement adjustments within the same email. He then sends me a paypal invoice, then I have received an "order submitted" email within a day of paying.

6. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

Do you always know what farbic you will choose or do you ever ask for suggestions or swatches?

7. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Exceptionally, clear step up from AE.

8. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I decided I needed loafers for the spring and I'm debating whether or not to get the handgrade loafers or CJ sydneys. If this was Burgundy it would be easier call but since I already have a brown museum calf and no CJ shoes I'm thinking it over. If I get the loafers I'll post some pictures. The more I look at other brands, really seems like a great deal for $450.

9. europrep

europrep Senior member

When do you plan on wearing the loafers? Both the DC and CJ could be worn with dress slacks as well as casual wear although I think the CJs will work better with dress trousers and DC better in casual environment. I am basing this primarily on the lighter colored edges of the DC that are not captured well on KW's website.

10. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

I am literally in the exact same boat, want a med-brown loafer that can go well with both blazer/tie look, and a well fitting pair of indigo jeans and a polo. Strongly considering the KW, but haven't heard or seen any reviews/pics of people that have bought them.

11. sammy

sammy Senior member

Can anyone who owns the burnt orange rugby comment on the fabric quality and depth of color? I've read there's some inconsistencies on quality between the different fabric weights. The burnt orange rugby is a medium weight. Thanks.

12. lordjeebus

lordjeebus Well-Known Member

I recently bought the handgrade loafers. If I had a good camera I'd share pictures, but I don't. Although the sole edges are light, I think the sleekness (for a penny loafer) goes well with dress slacks. I have not worn them with jeans but I don't think it would be a bad combination. I wear size 9E on most AE lasts, 9D Alden Barrie last, and the 9.5D KW loafer fits well.

13. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Good point, I never really looked at the edge trim. It is weirdly light. I also noticed it is a bit less sleek than the sydney and more chiseled where the sydney is round. Not sure if that is better or worse for my purposes. I don't wear ties or suits that often. This will probably be for mostly casual. I'm thinking sockless with linen pants / ocbd or chinos and a linen shirt. I used to wear my sperrys all the time in college because they were so damn convenient so I'd like something that could replace them but still be more sophisticated than "college frat." Still, I'd like to be able to wear them with light to medium gray / brown wool pants on the odd day that I'd rather wear them than my oxfords.

Yeah, I searched the thread and there were like five requests for pictures and no answers. I'll probably get these since it's instant gratification and easy returns in case I get the size wrong. I always defaulted to 7 because I had no choice but the 6.5 may be what I'm looking for as I'm getting slight heel slippage in the double monks. I just need to get confirmation from KW on whether the shoe trees will fit.

Ah, so there is someone who has these shoes! Thanks for your input.

If I get these, I only need to get the burgundy boot to complete my collection :D. And probably the Chukka too for good measure.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  14. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I love the fabric and depth of color. Really top notch. Also a near perfect Texas burnt orange :slayer:

15. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

1st - Hi all, as far as shoe sizing on the KW site are they in US or EU sizing? I am a size 10D in Allen Edmonds Strands.

2nd - I will be a groomsman in a wedding this summer and the groom wants us to wear black suits and black shoes. I actually don't own a pair if black dress shoes since I've never had a need for them. Do you guys think I could get away with KW navy hand grade caps or would the navy be too "obvious"? I figured Id get more use out of navy than black.

Thanks

16. sysop

sysop New Member

I'm sure it's hidden somewhere in these 255 pages of comments but I'd like to thank Kent for all his efforts and am exceptionally happy with my Burgundy Cat and Shinagawa squares. My only ask is that one day the dimensions of his squares increase by 1/3 in all directions (except in the third dimension).

17. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I'm 7D in strands and 7 in KW handgrades. They fit TTS. Well, since they are museum calf, they would be especially obvious. Stick to black, get the plaintoe black benchgrade. It's cheaper and even though many people don't like black shoes, I think everyone can agree that you will always have more use for black shoes than navy shoes. Plus, it's your friends wedding, I'd respect his wishes.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  18. Wade

Wade Senior member

Since we're on the topic of the navy shoes, how dark is it? It looks light in the pics but some brands have navy where it's pretty much black depending on the lighting

19. europrep

europrep Senior member

Look through the gallery of pics for the trunk shoe picture. In the back, you can see the navy museum calf. Definitely looks different than on the website and as you said, I don't think it is close to being the darker navy that other maker's tend to use.

20. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Just placed an order. Will post photos when I get it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014