Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Thanks. Some shirts come tomorrow with the collar I like (the NOBD collar, if you follow the Luxire thread). I want to see how they look on this. If this requires a seriously firm fused collar, I probably won't get another one. But I do agree, they look good and would look great with a patterned jacket. Green windowpane KW jacket, wide lapels. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion. Found these gems of threads from Manton:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/71198/the-amazing-blazer-suit/0_100

http://www.styleforum.net/t/119664/blazersuit-the-final-chapter/0_100

Guess my idea is SF approved after all. :slayer: A "blazer suit" will definitely be my next acquisition.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  3. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I do read the Luxire thread from time to time and am familiar with the highly coveted NOBD collar, lol. It's a nice collar, indeed. :nodding:

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I knew it was SF approved, just preference. I would definitely not get the 3PP though. Welt +2PP is the way to go for those I think. 3PP is reserved for seriously casual stuff in my mind. Like my linen jacket.

5. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I concur. It will be just as I described several posts up. Patch side pockets, welt chest pocket. This is the most versatile configuration for the jacket of a "blazer suit", IMO. Also, Manton's jacket is a 3 button (3r2.5, it looks like) but mine would be a 2 button.

Jester, have you considered having a pair of trousers made up in the same fabric as your navy blazer?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I have. But here's the fit pics for the pants.. Some of it can't be fixed by an MTM service. I have no suit and I'm OK without owning one for a while, until I know if this issue can be fixed after the pants are already made.

Warning, it's pretty disturbing. Put down your food. Sit down. Then read spoiler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior member

Oh, god! I don't feel well...

8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Some people don't have the stomach for it.

9. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Thanks for this. Seriously considering doing this instead of standard suit, since I don't have a solid navy separate jacket.

Thanks. I'm following the the luxire/pinning adventure. In my side profile pic, I would've guessed slight anterior tilt, rather than posterior. It's like I have too much upper butt (pocket flare and seat tightness) and not enough lower butt (nothing to hold the fabric off the back of my thighs).
    [​IMG]

I read it too! That's what made me so paranoid about the drape at the back.
    Glad to help! [​IMG] Those pics do look much better. In the same vein, I'm going to retake my fit pics with a better behaved shirt before emailing Kent.

I can see the pocket issue now that you mention it. I think it's something that only veteran SFers would notice. I've been lurking for a while and I didn't see it at first. At the same time, I would expect a quality tailor to meet those veteran SFer standards, particularly if you explicitly asked them to adjust the pockets to prevent this.
    Thanks. Good catch about the chest. Agree on back chest. I'm unsure on balance, too. I think the puffy shirt is making it hard to tell. I'm retaking side profile pics in a t-shirt for this reason.

I think that the shirt is so bad it threw the jacket off a little. The material of the shirt is pretty stiff. Serious darts are needed to contain that craziness. It's like my tailoring bill never ends.

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Fantastic!
    Are you sure the pants aren't just wrinkled? EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the problem on that massive pic set a few spots above. Maybe fix by doing a bunch of squats and building up a ghetto booty?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Dude you sound like my girlfriend.

She got all the booty in the relationship. She takes her pants to the tailors to let out the arse and hips. I take them there to take the arse and hips in. [​IMG]

12. Galbraith92

Galbraith92 Member

I wish Kent Wang would make mid-top cuts of the sneaker white, and in different colors so I can stop looking at $400 Svenssons and CPs just for a basic silhouette T-T

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

mrjester - I agree with the others I think the wide lapels look fantastic on that blazer. Welt + 2PP is also the perfect combo to dress up when needed and also sets it apart enough from a navy suit jacket. The fit is on point as well, definitely no major issues.

My grey suit is getting delivered today. Now I'll have my staple navy and staple grey covered, my next suit will be a little more fun. Or maybe I'll get a navy blazer as well. Haven't made up my mind yet. I have an awesome RLPL navy blazer, but it has standard pockets instead of patch, and the lapels aren't quite as wide as I would like. I might sell that to fund the purchase of a KW navy blazer.

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Thanks man. I love the look too. Working on getting the sleeves rotated and slimmed by a tailor though, hopefully that could happen.

Getting some shirts in today, will take a picture to see if they look good with wide lapels. I love the wide lapels now but some times I think it draws too much attention from the shirt/tie/collar and drowns it out.

I may also go with standard on business attire (meaning get another navy blazer) and wide on patterned (like the green windowpane I want).

15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member