1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. lordjeebus

lordjeebus Well-Known Member

I have the plain silver tie clip. It is exactly what it needs to be. No need for a gold one, but I'm sure it's just as good.

2. Agrajag

Agrajag Active Member

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but as I didn't get an answer, I'm going for it one more time.

I'm looking for some chukka boots and the KW ones are obviously on the short list of candidates. There are two reasons I haven't pulled the trigger yet. One is I would prefer something with a rubber sole, but this can be fixed with a topy. The other is the toe looks a bit squared/chiseled for my taste in the pictures I have seen of his benchgrade last. I felt the same way about the C&J tetburys until I saw them IRL and realized they were fantastic.

Could anyone provide me a comparison photo? As I'm guessing no one has both of the chukkas, a photo of two shoes made on the same lasts as these would be much appreciated.

3. Limniscate

Limniscate Senior member

Kent,

What's the point-to-point width on your spread collar on your shirts?

4. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

I have both the KW chukkas and the C&J Tetburys - I'll try and take a comparison shot of them this evening.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Just ordered my first KW Grenadine tie in Burgundy (along with other items). Hoping it's as good as the forum says as I'm not extremely picky with ties and would rather have it now than wait with Hober.

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think you will find these photos more useful than a measurement

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mike927

mike927 New Member

I had a question with the sizing for the captoe balmoral. I wear a size 8E Allen Edmond captoe oxfords. Per my searches it appears some people have gone down .5-1 sizes, would the KW captoe balmoral size 8 fit me well? I am mainly concerned with the width of the shoe, I know when I tired a 8.5D Allen Edmond it fit alright but the ball of my feet had some movement.

8. TheMangelo

TheMangelo Well-Known Member

It seems that those that have a narrower foot, like myself, size down a half size (I'm a 10.5D in AE's 5 last and a 10 in KW's benchgrade bals fits just fine), whereas if your foot is normal-to-wider you should go with the same size (this was Kent's initial suggestion to me regarding what size to order).

I ended up ordering both a 10 and a 10.5 and simply returned the 10.5—this dinged me a little bit on customs fees (maybe an extra $25-300 or so) but frankly the value-for-money ratio on KW's footwear is good enough that I still feel like I came out ahead.

My $0.02, MSRP.

1 person likes this.
  9. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

That is some serious Chukka game!

10. dijor

dijor Senior member

----

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  11. dijor

dijor Senior member

----

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  12. dijor

dijor Senior member

I see them already in different colors e.g. white on your website is that not on stock but only pre-order?

13. KentWangFanBrah

KentWangFanBrah Member

Question on pocket squares.

For a charcoal suit, which of kent's pocket squares would you recommend?

Also for a navy suit, what would you suggest?

Do you generally just match it with your button down shirt, or do you base it upon the color of your suit?

14. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

I generally base it on my shirt/tie combo. I'm a big fan of the notre dame window pocket square. The ancient madder paisley square is great too, but I always find myself leaning towards notre dame.

15. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

White linen.

Also white linen.

Neither, really. It's a function of complementing (but not matching) your tie.

Try poking around these results.

16. KentWangFanBrah

KentWangFanBrah Member

Thanks guys going to order white linen now. IF there was a must have top 3 ..what would you guys suggest?

17. TheMangelo

TheMangelo Well-Known Member

I'm wearing the navy with white pindots square right now. I actually get quite a bit of use out of it.

18. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

I love the Great Wave. Whites and blues in it means it goes with any shirt. Just looks great, and it's one of my favourite works of art.

19. wurger

wurger Senior member

ahh, looking at the museum calf porter, not available in my size of US 7

20. dijor

dijor Senior member

can u post the link please?