Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. atoms

atoms Senior member

I love that color, should have bought it! You're definitely a bit smaller than I :)

2. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

I initially went up a full size for the KWs, but Kent advised against it. Both fit perfectly, so glad I listened to his advice as I picked them up before a black tie wedding. I'll. try and snap a pic, with a little Saphir they have the best mirror shine outside of West Point.

White Polo shipped to replace my stolen one. All is right in the universe!

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I just got my Rain-lasted Carminas in the mail today (size 11UK), and they actually feel bigger than my KW captoes (size 12US). It's amazing how the same shoes can feel so different for 2 different people! I will need to play around with the Carmina pair and see if maybe some tongue pads will help them for better - they seem a bit too wide right now.

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG] Good. Start getting Simpson last shoes. The best!

5. Beatlegeuse

I think I might have to do that, everything else seems to be too big on me, but I can't size down any more because they won't be long enough. I really like the way the shape of the Rain looks IRL, not as chiseled as I thought originally. Hopefully the tongue pad will help, if not I'll eturn them.

And to get back to KW - his benchgrade last (with the aid of a tongue pad) fits me exceptionally well. I wish there were even more options on that last. I know he said he won't do cordovan, but that would be seriously awesome. I still would love to see a black punch captoe with a medallion too.

Can anyone comment if the fit on the handgrade line is similar to that of the benchgrade line?

6. mag007

mag007 Member

Hi,

Sorry for cross posting. I was wondering do Kent Wang shirts ever go on sale?

7. Beatlegeuse

Nope. Closest thing KW ever had to a sale was an Urban Daddy deal - spend $100, get $150 worth of merch.

8. docka

docka Senior member

When was this?

So you can spend $200 and get $300 worth of items?

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

10. Beatlegeuse

Yup. And I'm pretty sure the codes were not stackable. One per customer.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Don't hold your breath for sales. I believe it's better to have one low price at all times.

The UrbanDaddy deal was a one-time affair and I doubt anything similar will happen again.

12. kelwatches

kelwatches Active Member

Hi Kent

I am looking forward to purchase some more polos from you. But the previous batch one of the polos (burnt orange) is piling heavily, the two other, purple and teal is going on fine. Any other colors are experiencing the same issue?

This is the second summer I am using. Though I love the color, but I have a good number of polos, so its not an issue of overused or improper wash.

Kelwatches

13. razl

razl Senior member

I applaud you for this. Retailers who figure out their best, working (read: profitable) price points and then stick with them win the day with me because I know I don't have to constantly shark them either a)hovering on purchases while waiting to see if the price drops or b)worrying that what I just bought is going to sell for less next week and feel like I got ripped.

That said, I'm not knocking the many other affiliates who do run sales and that I do shark, I'm just saying I appreciate those who don't more.

Just wanted to add my .02 so you knew your strategy didn't go unappreciated.

14. jawboneofa

jawboneofa Senior member

Bought a light blue rugby, silver cufflinks, and a linen pocket square from KW a month or two ago. Had a really great experience. When the rugby came, the button on the left sleeve placket was pretty high up, near the cuff. I wasn't sure if it was a defect, because honestly it was a pretty small thing. Still, I emailed KW, and he sent a replacement rugby by the end of the week. Kent was generous enough to let me keep both. Really love the fit of the rugby, so I'm even happier to have two.

Oh, and the links and square are great too!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

15. sean anon

sean anon Senior member

I have the same size shoulders and chest but am 6 feet 1 and 190

I sized up to XL. I can't imagine a M would fit you in the arms or shoulders to be honest and you might even have a snug fit in the chest with a L

The XL is a perfect fit for me except the sleeves are a bit shorter than I'd like.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013