1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Dammit, I went back and forth and decided to hold off on these and save for an EG Shannon. Might reconsider and just get these now.

2. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Senior member

Wow, 242,000 views. Kent, you hace some real serious fame.

3. erk

erk Senior member

What is the fit like on those boots? I have wide feet and am thinking about going up a whole size.

4. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

I went up a size for the same reason. They fit really well. Perfect width, perfect around the heel. A tiny bit snug over the arch but I have freakishly high arches. They're just a tad long becaise of the lager size but not clown shoes by any stretch. I'm very happy with them. The museum calf is wonderful and they're very comfortable even when I spend a full day in them. The narrow fiddleback waist is really great, much sleeker than my forest carminas.

5. TheMangelo

TheMangelo Well-Known Member

I received my latest KW order today:

• Plaintoe black bench grade bals
    • Tuxedo shirt
    • Studs
    • Bow tie
    • Cummerbund

My other order have basically just been pocket squares and some Saphir products, so this really gave me a great idea of what kind of quality Kent's humble haberdashery provides.

In short, it's fantastic. If anyone's reading this thread and is on the fence about ordering: do it.

6. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

i ordered a lot of the same things for my wedding. they worked out wonderful and i got lots of compliments

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Did you get the cuff links? I might be persuaded to part with mine if you make me an offer!

8. TheMangelo

TheMangelo Well-Known Member

Ha, no. Those are taken care of, but thank you for the offer.

9. Hobbs

Hobbs Senior member

Is the fit on the tuxedo shirt the same as the other shirt styles?

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

All shirts have the same fit.

1 person likes this.
  11. jlykos

jlykos Member

The fabric and style of the tuxedo shirt is to die for. Unfortunately, the fit did not work for me. I ended up spending twice as much on a shirt with the same style that had inferior fabric, IMO, to get one that fit me better.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I thought Kent could do MTM in the same fabric if the stock shirt didn't fit, no?

13. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

[​IMG]

Just got my second pair of handgrades. Very happy with the single monk, it looks pretty awesome. Up next: Burgundy boots and double monks. Only wish the double monks were in a leather other than black :(.

1 person likes this.
  14. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

What's the verdict on the sweaters?

15. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

[​IMG]

So i just watched MI4 and remember how much i liked the suit Tom wore in Dubai. I have seen questions on this suit before, in other threads. I think someone said it is a mohair wool blend. It has a touch more shine than the pictures above show. My question is does Kent offer a fabric choice close to this.

Ive looked around and i think maybe
    REDA 4225(But this is from last years spring/summer, so probably not avail)
    AR 0028
    Maybe on of the Gladson woool/silk/linen blends?
    Maybe something in the upcoming srping fabrics.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  16. razl

razl Senior member

Someone else will have to help with the similarity in fabrics, but - not to be a spelling ninny but rather to help you find what you're looking for - it's mohair, not molehair :) And, yes, blends with mohair and/or silk can help achieve that subtle shininess when mixed with wool.

17. irock7777

irock7777 Active Member

Haha no prob!
    Damn you google auto-correct. Whenever i typed in molehair suit it always fixed for me. Never even noticed. Wont make that mistake again.

18. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I ended up keeping them. Love all the sweaters, really. Very comfortable and keeps me warm even though we've had below zero weather for like a month. I think I wear them too much though and I have yet to wash them since I am afraid of ruining them. I've been wearing each sweater like once a week since end of December and they are starting to pile a bit after like 5+ wears. Bought a sweater shaver, shampoo, and sweater laundry bag for it so I got to do it eventually. I wore it today and took a quick fit pic. Sorry for the quality, I am still not used to taking photos with this huge phone... It's really akward lol.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

thats a phone? i thought it was an iPad mini. jesus, how does that fit in your pocket?

2 people like this.
  20. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Well, pockets are actually bigger than people think. I always jam my pockets with gum, wallet, business card case, keys, chapstick, pen, etc so sticking a 6" phone in one isn't a big deal. However, it can be a little uncomfortable when sitting down in slim jeans. When I tie my shoes it's like someone is stabbing my thigh with a blunt object. But other than that, it's fine :D.