Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

Any updates on when the polos will be back in stock? I know it's summer but it looks like there are no size mediums left in any colours.

2. SFTl81

SFTl81 Member

Just took my Kent Wang MTM suit to a tailor for some minor final adjustments (shorten sleeve a touch and take in the sides a little) and the tailor mentioned that it was one of the best online MTM fits she's ever seen!

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Mine did too (before they took liberty of screwing them both up, which still needs to get repaired). I learned a few things though. I'm not getting extensive pick stitching because the tailors are afraid to alter the seams since they don't like redoing pick stitching. Mine also kept looking for a label, which is what made me mention the label bit before.

4. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

I think it will as well. I'm fairly certain I'll be ordering a navy blazer with MOP buttons in the near future, but I'd like to see how my latest KW suit turns out. I made a couple of small changes from my first suit that I ordered through Kent. Tomorrow is four weeks from my order date, but I haven't received a shipping notice yet....

5. mymil

mymil Senior member

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ that looks nice, I may have to order a navy linen blazer in that fabric too.

7. Samir

Samir Senior member

This is from a few months back - how'd these turn out? I'm an 8D on the Brannock and also wear it for AE's 5 last. Debating between 8 and 7.5 for the dark brown balmorals. Kent is very responsive and makes returning easy, but I'm a poor grad student so I'd love to nail the sizing on the first shot to avoid any extra costs.

8. topos

topos Senior member

I am not your size (10.5 E in AE 5 last) and I have those brown captoes in an 11, and they fit very well. If they were just a bit wider I bet I'd fit perfectly into a 10.5. So if I had to guess I'd say go with an 8.

9. radchad3

radchad3 Active Member

Ok folks! Looking for some opinions on my recent MTM suit purchase. Will have to get the trousers lengthened for sure! Sorry for the wrinkles! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. docka

docka Senior member

I'm looking at the possibility of adding a third suit to my wardrobe. I already have 2 suits in 4-season fabric: navy and charcoal. Since I sweat like a mad man, I'm thinking of using a summer fabric for my third suit. I would prefer this color to be interview friendly so I'm debating whether I should go navy or mid-gray.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8237/8484560101_2b3d98bd33_o.jpg

The first two are mid gray and navy. Are there other fabrics you guys would recommend? I'm looking for light fabrics, but it has to be extremely formal since it has to be interview friendly. Thanks.

11. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I'd go with mid gray, especially since you already have navy. That top swatch in your link looks like a nice color, and certainly interview friendly, IMO.

12. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

That thing is darn wrinkled, but the fit looks pretty decent. Besides lengthening the pants, I'd suggest going with a soft shouldered jacket on your next order, and maybe try rotating the sleeves backward by a degree or two--particularly the right one--to alleviate some of the wrinkling seen at the top of the sleeves in your side shots. Of course, that could just be caused by the way you're standing, and Kent should be the final authority on what, if any, adjustments to make. Overall though, not bad! Shoulder fit looks great, and once you get it pressed, I'm guessing the back will look very clean.

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

God dang that fits pretty good out of the box. I'm extremely jealous.

14. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by radchad3 [​IMG]

Ok folks! Looking for some opinions on my recent MTM suit purchase. Will have to get the trousers lengthened for sure! Sorry for the wrinkles!
    Shoulder width: good.
    Do you have a low right shoulder? If so, did you adjust for this? I didn't know I had one shoulder .75" lower than the other until I walked into a good tailor's shop and he noticed it by looking at me. Measuring from the floor confirmed.
    Chest size: good.
    Balance: generally good, but is the front a little longer than the back?
    Sleeve Pitch: hard to tell without pressing. Does your right shoulder sit far forward in the armhole, towards your chest?
    Sleeve Length: good. Could be just slightly longer, particularly the right.
    Jacket Length: Can't tell at the back. A little longer than I would prefer in the front. Not much, though.
    Pants: Too wrinkled to tell, generally. They seem to fall against the back of your legs just above the knee. If this isn't fixed by pressing, there may need to be some adjustment to get a more uninterrupted line to the floor. The length is waaaay off. Did they send what you had requested?

Overall, I would expect it to look quite good after pressing. I wouldn't have a tailor do anything to the jacket. Other than lengthening the pants, I may ask about how to improve the line of the pants from your seat to the floor.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013