1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Speaking of which, are there any shots in the wild of the actual burgundy boots or other burgundy shoes in the range?

2. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Benchgrade is not by DC Lewis.

I have a pair of DC Lewis shoes, they said to me, they are a 9US/8UK, in the shoe itself it says 8.5US (they were a sample), but supposedly they changed sizing.
    I am an 8UK in Loake and the DC Lewis shoes are definitely 0.5 too small. You can wear them, but they would be more comfortable in 8.5UK/9.5US.

I hope I made sense here, if not it boils down to: Size up half a size.

1 person likes this.
  3. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Senior member

In other words, if you are a 7 UK, go a US 8/8.5.

4. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Haha, exactly.
    But I am still a bit sceptical wrt to the "wrong" size written in my shoe itself.
    So please take my recommendation with a grain of salt and get some more opinions.

1 person likes this.
  5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Thanks Kent!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  6. europrep

europrep Senior member

^ Looking good. Enjoy

7. Murlsquirl

Thanks, they are very impressive shoes for $350.

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Looking good, on these monitors that looks pretty burgundy, is that the case?

9. Murlsquirl

They look that way on my phone too. They are definitely dark brown with possibly the slightest bit of burgundy tone. My kitchen lights are LED so they could be throwing off the true color.

10. giaour

giaour Active Member

I've got the same shoes and a black grenadine on the way too...CAN'T WAIT

Edit: Just picked them up from the post office. They are indeed amazing shoes--almost perfect. I feel a bit churlish pointing this out, but i notice the "toe cap-line" (not sure what it's really called) on the left shoe is slightly uneven. It's probably not something anyone else would notice but it kind of bothers me...would I be justified in returning these or is this fairly common? I looked at my AE PAs and the lines were uniformly straight. Am I being too picky?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  11. Murlsquirl

If you're not 100% happy, send them back. I see what you're talking about and it is picky, but you have every right to be picky.

12. arglist

arglist Senior member

Guys, what is the usual turnaround time for the trial suit? The confirmation mail mentioned 24 hours, I've been waiting for four weeks now and still no dispatch notification.

It seems my size is with somebody else but surely there's not only one trial suit per size?

Is this normal? Thanks four your thoughts on this.

13. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

4 weeks seems a bit ridiculous. But yep, pretty sure there's only one trial jacket and trousers for each size. I had to wait around a week for the trial trousers in my size, as they were with another customer. Can't imagine why someone is holding onto the trial trousers for four weeks, though. They need to be :slapfight:.

Why don't you just email KW instead of posting here? They were always very fast to respond to my many emails during the MTM suit process.

14. arglist

arglist Senior member

Thanks for your answer, FS. I did ask them two weeks ago and they told me the suit should be sent back to them within a week. I wanted to know if others experienced the same since KW is obviously starting from the premise that it will take only days usually.

I have a hard time believing there's only one suit per size. I live in Switzerland and the trial process will take a couple of weeks from transit time alone. Clearly their service is getting very popular so they must keep up with demand.

Anyway, I'll be patient. I'm very confident it will arrive soon and I'm looking forward to trying the suit.

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I once ordered a KW shoe that had minimal damage on it. What you do is e-mail him a photo of the defect to make the exchange happen.

It's definitely the right call to send em back for an exchange given what you paid

16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Honestly, for the toe cap line, once you get some wear on the shoe. With the patina, and creases, you really won't be able to tell at all.

But it's your shoes, and your money

17. europrep

europrep Senior member

As others said, if it bothers you that much, then I am sure you can return it. My two cents is that it is not a defect. Shoes that cost a lot more than these from well known names will have the same small "issues." Call it character.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Does anybody own jackets from both Epaulet and KW.

Which one do you prefer and why. Thanks.

19. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I own both and prefer KW, but that is only because of the full customization that KW MTM allows. Epaulet has some great made-in-the-US jackets from Southwick with top notch construction (although it's only half-canvassed) and some different fabrics that aren't available through KW. If you like their house cut, then Epaulet is a great option. I'm a huge fan of theirs and I still buy a ton of their products, but I like being able to get wider lapels, longer jackets, and full customization options for shoulders, pockets, and things of that sort.

20. LeMaitreChat

LeMaitreChat Senior member

Hey Kent, any more news on the pop-up? How long is it going to be open?