1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Mute

Mute Senior member

Kent will make the recommended adjustments close enough that I wouldn't worry about having it done. At worst, some minor adjustment at a local tailor will get it perfect. When I did my suit with Kent, the sleeve length turned out perfectly.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  2. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Thank you all who chimed in. Reading all these positive comments makes me very excited on the final outcome. Just out of curiosity, most of my email correspondence are with other mtm members, other than Kent himself. Seems like KW is too busy to handle everything but i would like he is very much involve during the entire process.

3. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

I believe Kent is currently kicking sartorial ass at his New York trunk show, so I'd cut him a little slack between now and Monday for that reason.

4. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

But my correspondance with them has been going on for the past 3 weeks and all except for a couple of non fitting responses are by other members of his mtm team. Im hoping Kent will hav a final say on the final recommendations

5. Louys

Louys Senior member

Does any one have the brown and or burgundy knit ties? If so could you please describe the color IRL or provide pics?

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

He's also been traveling through Europe, I think, during the last several weeks.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Seems Kent is busy, so, for those who know do the shoes get restocked? Seems like the medium brown oxfords have been sold out for a long time.

8. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Hi, after ordering a and trying the trial suit, what exactly can be modified for your last suit?

Can the button stance be lowered/heightened?
    Can one shoulder be made shorter/wider than the other?
    Can the back/shoulder section be adjusted for hunching, sloping or squaring of shoulders, collar gap/back bunching.
    etc.

Or are there just minor modification made to a new stock suit, like adjusting sleeve length, taking in waist.

Thanks

9. topos

topos Senior member

lots of stuff can be modified. i'm pretty sure (to a certain extent) everything you listed above and more. i say "to a certain extent" because your changes are modifications to an existing pattern, and probably certain things cannot be drastically changed without throwing off the "balance" of the pattern you're working from.

10. rc121

rc121 Senior member

like topos said, they are modifying the pattern of the suit being made for you, not making modifications to an already made suit. Wouldn't be MTM if it was the latter.

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Might be two months. It has been difficult reordering this color.

Button stance, yes.

I've never encountered shorter shoulders. Usually it's that one shoulder slopes more than the other, which we can accommodate by adjusting the shoulder angle to match.

Yes to all of those.

12. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Awesome, sounds like I'll be placing an order not too long from now then.

Which of your available fabrics would look most like this? I'm basically looking for a staple Navy suit, which is a bit more blue than dark...and not too dull. Have enough of dark-dark navy suits.

[​IMG]

13. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

They do, email sales@kentwang.com - I emailed 2 days ago about the 3.5 inch brown cashmere tie, next day I got a reply they were back in stock.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Thanks! I just ordered the dark brown half hoping the 8.5 do not fit so I can exchange and snag that last size 8 in medium brown, too :eek:

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

This looks a lot like the first suit I ordered, but I can't remember the fabric number right now. I want to say it was something like TR7065, but I'll look it up and get back to you. That is one weird looking vest on that guy though...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  16. topos

topos Senior member

it looks like they ran out of fabric.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Haha, yeah it almost looks like it was weirdly photoshopped out or something. Anyway, the fabric I was thinking of that should match that one pretty well is TR7089. It's a navy blue, but the color really pops out in natural sunlight and it looks a bit brighter than a standard navy.

18. dlm4114

dlm4114 Senior member

Question for everyone -- does anyone have experience with TR2001 or TR2002, the "cool effect" fabrics from the Loro Piana & Zegna swatch page? Here's a link:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/9511770474_6acd241773_k.jpg

As someone who is essentially always either sweating or about to start sweating, this fabric holds great appeal for me, so would like to hear what all y'all think.

Also, do you guys think TR2001 be considered more of a light or medium gray?

dreamspace -- I asked Kent essentially that same question and he suggested TR7087. Here's a link:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8570682271_5e1c8b7d42_o.jpg

I also went through his fabric swatch sets and found a few more I thought might fit the bill (mostly in higher price brackets unfortunately). I think I jotted their #s down somewhere, I can probably find it if you're interested.

19. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

i actually like the look. as a vest, it exposes more of the shirt and tie. if you look up thom sweeney's horseshoe vests, its very similar. definitely an acquired taste

20. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Sorry for dunce reply, but do you wear deoderant and undershirts? I think 2001 would be a medium gray/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013