1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. lambda

lambda Member

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ I ordered a navy hopsack blazer with the first fabric you mentioned, it's being made right now and I should get it in the next 2 weeks or so. I'll post a review here once I get it. I felt the swatch and it was really nice - had some texture to it, not super rough but definitely not as smooth as a super 120s or super 130s suit.

3. mymil

mymil Senior member

I don't have a picture of me in mine, but I feel like a badass every time I wear it (which is often, given that it rains so frequently in Portland). Highly recommended. I believe Kent's also planning a khaki version for... not too long from now?

I wore a blazer made of the Gladson 11 oz linen to an outdoor wedding in NH last weekend. I think I'd be uncomfortable in it in weather over 80 degrees, but I tend to be warm---so it might or might not work for you. I think it looks great, and eventually there should be some photos of me from the wedding that I can post here...

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Anyone hear from Kent lately?

5. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

He just posted in this thread about 3.5 hours ago, if that's helpful.

2 people like this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Well, damn. I just assumed not since I've been emailing him for a week with no response.

Kent - Please fulfill my last email request.

7. umbrella613

umbrella613 Active Member

Just got my (first!) white linen pocket square from Kent Wang - thanks!

Especially liked the signed note that came with it - small touches like tend to convert me to a die hard fan who won't shut up about how awesome the retailer is!

8. option2ek9

option2ek9 New Member

Hey All:

Just received my trial suit and hope you guys can provide some feedback on fit and suggested measurements aside from what Kent has already provided (i'm a novice with suits). Also, the right sleeve seems shorter, but actually may not be because I feel my dress shirt's sleeve length is too large--a shorter sleeve dress shirt seemed fine when I purchased a suitsupply suit (i've also attached a photo with the shorter sleeve shirt in my suitsupply suit). Hopefully you can help my reconcile my odd situation? Maybe extra sleeve fabric is pushing the cuff down further?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my photo in my suitsupply suit with a shorter sleeve dress shirt:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

How often are shoes re-stocked?

10. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I'd personally consider adding some length to the jacket, maybe a slight nip at the waist. In the top picture your left shoulder looks a smidge lower than your right, which could be causing the longer sleeve look. What I see in the right is how I like to show shirt cuff. Perhaps measure the length of the SS sleeves and compare. And put on a "regular" sleeved shirt, not an outlier. Another way to look at it is to just determine where you want the end of the sleeve to hit. I like mine to hit at the wrist bone and my shirts to hit at the base of my thumb. So it doesn't matter what shirt I wear in a fitting, I measure to the same point.

This stock suit fits pretty well, save for the pants length. I think you'll like the outcome.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Hard to give tips when you've got your feet spread so far apart. Stand like you would normally to avoid incorrect input.

12. UTfootball747

UTfootball747 Well-Known Member

Ever see any Texas trunk shows or are they pretty much limited to NYC?

13. suited

suited Senior member

Just ordered a Rugby - I think this might be the shirt I've been looking for. Excited to try them out.

14. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Has anyone here purchased or tried the handgrade boot? Was looking at the green grenadine tie and somehow ended up in shoes and saw this

15. BenMurphy

BenMurphy Well-Known Member

New squares look great! Thanks!

16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey Kent, I might be dropping by your trunk show in NYC. Had a few questions about suiting:

1. Can you do a double breasted vest?

2. Can the trousers be customized with ‘Daks tops’?

Thanks!

17. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, we can't do either. Only the options listed on the options form are possible.

18. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Hey KW, placed my first order through you last night. Sky Blue Polo, Navy Polo, and a White Linen PS with Red Edge. Very keen to get them, but you guys REALLY need to do a cherry/vibrant red Polo!

19. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Is the pleat option forward or reverse pleats?

20. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We can only do reverse pleats (pleats open towards the pockets)