1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Given you're in Florida, I'm surprised linen isn't higher on the list! I'd also love to see pictures of a KW linen jacket.

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'm getting a lot of linen odd trou and cotton-linen shirts for biz cas office wear, but when I wear suits for work (maybe 4-5 times a month) they need to be fairly conservative. Not sure yet if I can wear a linen suit to a board meeting.

3. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Good point, that! My linen suit is generally for weddings and such (although if I wore it to work, no one would be able to tell the difference between it and a more formal suit - I'm in software :)

4. europrep

europrep Senior member

Anyone own the have the handgrade brogue's? I am a 9.5E and trying to figure out if I should order the 9.5 or 10.

5. mymil

mymil Senior member

Smoke MOP and 11 oz navy linen
    [​IMG]

The buttons are pretty shiny and iridescent. I'll have to report on how it wears at a later date. It needs pressing to smooth out the creases before I can rumple it up by wearing if. Their color from most angles is most like something in between the buttons at the top and second-from-the-bottom in the photo.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

7. mymil

mymil Senior member

That's right.

8. Beatlegeuse

The smoked MOp look pretty good on the linen from what I can see in that pic, but I don't think they will work as well with a navy hopsack blazer. I think I will most likely stick to brown horn.

9. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

That's odd and unfortunate that KW said he can't offer any other buttons. Tiberias--who uses the same suit manufacturer--offers 22(!) button options vs. only 7 from KW.

Also, what buttons are on the suit in the pics on the KW website? http://www.kentwang.com/about/suits/ Doesn't look like any of the options KW customers can select from.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Buttons are not smoked, like salmon or beef brisket. They are smoke color, or just "smoke MOP".

2 people like this.
  11. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I have a navy blazer from Corneliani with smoke MOP buttons and they look fantastic.

12. mymil

mymil Senior member

Oh... I was wondering why they tasted just the same as regular MOP. [​IMG]

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

14. Samir

Samir Senior member

Is it possible to order ties in a shorter length, say ~53"?

15. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Does anyone have the burgundy knit tie? Based on the picture on the website, it looks very purple. I am looking for a redder version of this color with a pointed end.

16. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have the burgundy linen and it is definitely more of a purplish wine color than true burgundy. But it's a damn fine shade of wine, not the same tie, and Yount isn't carrying too many pointed knits, so...probably a risk worth taking.

17. topos

topos Senior member

Although I'm sure there's variance in the way they look, my KW jacket has smoke MOP buttons and they appear much darker in person than those in that pic. I wouldn't call mine shiny; iridescent, yes, but not shiny. Mine have lots of dark green/grey/black. If you weren't looking directly you'd just think they were dark buttons. Those in the pic almost look like light horn to me. Not trying to convince you one way or the other, but I do really like mine, and I find them sufficiently conservative.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  18. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  19. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  20. Beatlegeuse

Finally got a half-decent pic of my KW grey suit...also placed my order for the navy hopsack blazer this weekend:

[​IMG]

7 people like this.