1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Debating on whether or not I should bother taking my trousers back to the tailor and have them hem tape sewn in. Is it sewn into the very bottom edge of the hem? Anyone have a pic?

2. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Anyone handled both the V2 White sneakers and Common Projects shoes? I saw a couple of folks post about it in this thread, trying to get a few other opinions on how htey differ.

3. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

got my Grey Polo in large. love it. now i have navy, grey, and maroon. gonna go for dark green next i think. missed the last 2 restocks on the grey so i jumped the gun immediately this time.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Crappy pic, but you get the idea. This is how the tape looks on the hem of the trousers on my new mid grey KW suit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Here is another shot of the tape, right at the bottom of the hem.

[​IMG]

6. styleophile

styleophile Well-Known Member

Are there any plans to add Merino Polos to the collection?

Would there be enough of us interested in Merino Polos, to persuade Kent?

7. Shinrouen

Shinrouen Member

Just received my first KW suit in mid-grey fabric #7122. Easily the best fitting and best detailed suit I've ever purchased. It is amazing how Kent can easily deduce all changes needed just from a set of photos.

A question, I need to have the suit pressed, do you normally just request the dry cleaners to press the suit without cleaning? I'm trying to steer clear of excessive dry cleaning if I can.

Thanks.

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Hang it up for a few days. Took all the wrinkles out of mine. Also, post pictures as I think the mid-grey is my next purchase.

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

does that tape prevent the ripping from speed hooks on boots?

10. CousinDonuts

?

Yes, you can ask for just a press.

11. razl

razl Senior member

venividivicibj is talking about boots like these (a particularly delicious pair, owned by ateiateiatei and posted here) where the upper laces are hooked with "speed hooks" instead of the traditional eyelets. Even with them being smooth and rounded, they still tend to eventually catch on any bit of seam/thread/stitching on the inside of a pant leg (sometimes, I suspect, because the hooks themselves wear away at the weak points).

[​IMG]

As someone who wears a lot of boots with speed hooks and has some trousers taped, I can say that it helps, but it still doesn't cure it. Though it probably depends a bit on just how well the tape is attached (all it takes is a little exposed thread/seam and you're back to the same problem).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Alright, thanks, I've been looking for the solution to that (other than to not have speed hooks)

13. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

Got my KW polos after the restock! Fits me perfectly, thanks to Moloch38 for the sizing advice [​IMG]

FYI if you wear a 38R in OTR sportcoats, a medium should be a good fit for you.

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

If speed hooks can fray pants, which are expensive, why do you get them? Honest question. If I had boots and they frayed one single pair of my pants, I'd get them replaced if possible. Or sell the boots for a different version.

15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I like that entire setup, except everyone needs cuffs on their trousers. Where are the monks from?

16. UTfootball747

UTfootball747 Well-Known Member

Do you order your usual size in the polo, or one up?

17. CousinDonuts

Ah, I see. However, funny that my initial confusion was that I thought he said BOATS not BOOTS.

18. CousinDonuts

These pants are cuffed. Hooves are Santoni.

(I got them on sale. Had no idea they were pushing $700 full retail.)

19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Legit setup there.

20. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

i size up one from my instincts but mostly went on the measurements and compared to some perfectly sized fred perry polos i have. the fred's are mediums, the kent's are large.