Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

After a long delay, I finally received my trial suit trousers today. Comments on the pics are welcome! These are size 36, and as anticipated, they will need some adjustments. The waist is a bit loose, and I think the seat and thighs need to be let out. I also plan to opt for pleated trousers on my MTM suit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

2. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

recommend my next polo: i have navy and burgundy rugbys and polos. looking for some short sleeve for the summer. im thinking the grey is much nicer than the picture on the site would lead me to believe as i think i saw a pic of kent in the grey one on his flickr or maybe just a google image search...

black is too close to my navy one. the yellow is too bright. the green seems amazing but not sure for my next one. the white will get filthy knowing me. lavender?...not sure i can pull of lavender. i wish there was a hunter green. i'd grab that in a heartbeat. im leaning towards grey. anything i should consider ahead of grey?
    http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-grey.html

3. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

After spending some more time with the trial trousers and comparing them to my best fitting trousers, I came up with the following adjustments:

- Waist taken in 2cm
    - Increase rise 2cm (front and back together)
    - Seat out 2cm
    - Thighs out 2cm
    - Knees out 1cm
    - Leg opening increased 0.75cm

I have zero experience with ordering MTM pants, so I hope these work out. Basically, I'm looking for a more traditional trouser fit, with a higher rise, overall looser fit, cleaner drape, etc., as compared to the rather slim and modern fit of the trousers as is. As I mentioned previously, I'll be opting for pleats on my MTM trousers, and will have them hemmed by a local tailor with a 1.75" cuff.

I've emailed Kent these adjustments and I'll be curious to hear his input. Any other input is appreciated as well!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

4. kmitch101

kmitch101 Well-Known Member

There is a picture somewhere in the thread that better shows the true color of the lavender polo. I also own it and it's a bit lighter/paler than on the website. It's possible the yellow could be a more toned down shade as well, but that would just be a guess unless someone else who has purchased it can comment.

5. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

I have the white and grey and love them. Two different materials though. The white is a denser knit, while the grey is pretty thin. They both wear great and I wear them frequently. I recently picked up a Navy and will likely get crimson or a stripe next w/some rugbys. There should be a picture of me in white a few pages back.

6. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
    Yeah I really liked the color and thought I would go with the same fabric given that I was looking for a navy solid anyway. Was the price the standard $750?

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ yup, price was $750 as this was a standard fabric.

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

9. janky fish

janky fish Well-Known Member

$75 credit for $50 in my sig :embar:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

10. bartleby929

bartleby929 Senior member

how about the jacket you're wearing? that's tight

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's a tweed, no longer available since it's seasonal.

12. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

You were wearing that at the trunk show, right? It looked pretty awesome, although way too warm for me to wear pretty much ever.

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Yeah, I asked about it at the trunk show too... I must have been through those books a million times when picking.

14. chaney1

chaney1 Well-Known Member

Are the light brown chukka boots shown at the trunk show the same as the ones for sale on the website? Really like the light brown as opposed to the dark and did not know if this was just the picture or actual color.

15. Mr Knightly

Mr Knightly Member

Kent,

Have you ever considered a tan or camel polo? I've recently been wearing tan sweaters and sportcoats with white jeans during transitional months, and I'd love to be able to wear the same combination in the summer.