• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a long delay, I finally received my trial suit trousers today. Comments on the pics are welcome! These are size 36, and as anticipated, they will need some adjustments. The waist is a bit loose, and I think the seat and thighs need to be let out. I also plan to opt for pleated trousers on my MTM suit.

Last edited:

dgonsh

Reaction score
recommend my next polo: i have navy and burgundy rugbys and polos. looking for some short sleeve for the summer. im thinking the grey is much nicer than the picture on the site would lead me to believe as i think i saw a pic of kent in the grey one on his flickr or maybe just a google image search...

black is too close to my navy one. the yellow is too bright. the green seems amazing but not sure for my next one. the white will get filthy knowing me. lavender?...not sure i can pull of lavender. i wish there was a hunter green. i'd grab that in a heartbeat. im leaning towards grey. anything i should consider ahead of grey?
http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-grey.html

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a long delay, I finally received my trial suit trousers today. Comments on the pics are welcome! These are size 36, and as anticipated, they will need some adjustments. The waist is a bit loose, and I think the seat and thighs need to be let out. I also plan to opt for pleated trousers on my MTM suit.

After spending some more time with the trial trousers and comparing them to my best fitting trousers, I came up with the following adjustments:

- Waist taken in 2cm
- Increase rise 2cm (front and back together)
- Seat out 2cm
- Thighs out 2cm
- Knees out 1cm
- Leg opening increased 0.75cm

I have zero experience with ordering MTM pants, so I hope these work out. Basically, I'm looking for a more traditional trouser fit, with a higher rise, overall looser fit, cleaner drape, etc., as compared to the rather slim and modern fit of the trousers as is. As I mentioned previously, I'll be opting for pleats on my MTM trousers, and will have them hemmed by a local tailor with a 1.75" cuff.

I've emailed Kent these adjustments and I'll be curious to hear his input. Any other input is appreciated as well!

Last edited:

kmitch101

Reaction score
recommend my next polo: i have navy and burgundy rugbys and polos. looking for some short sleeve for the summer. im thinking the grey is much nicer than the picture on the site would lead me to believe as i think i saw a pic of kent in the grey one on his flickr or maybe just a google image search...

black is too close to my navy one. the yellow is too bright. the green seems amazing but not sure for my next one. the white will get filthy knowing me. lavender?...not sure i can pull of lavender. i wish there was a hunter green. i'd grab that in a heartbeat. im leaning towards grey. anything i should consider ahead of grey?

There is a picture somewhere in the thread that better shows the true color of the lavender polo. I also own it and it's a bit lighter/paler than on the website. It's possible the yellow could be a more toned down shade as well, but that would just be a guess unless someone else who has purchased it can comment.

Moloch38

Reaction score

I have the white and grey and love them. Two different materials though. The white is a denser knit, while the grey is pretty thin. They both wear great and I wear them frequently. I recently picked up a Navy and will likely get crimson or a stripe next w/some rugbys. There should be a picture of me in white a few pages back.

strangedream

Reaction score
I think the pics I posted a few days ago showcase the fabric pretty well. Looks like a standard navy indoors, but the color pops and it looks brighter under direct sunlight.
Yeah I really liked the color and thought I would go with the same fabric given that I was looking for a navy solid anyway. Was the price the standard $750?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a tweed, no longer available since it's seasonal.

sftiger

Reaction score
You were wearing that at the trunk show, right? It looked pretty awesome, although way too warm for me to wear pretty much ever.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You were wearing that at the trunk show, right? It looked pretty awesome, although way too warm for me to wear pretty much ever.

Yeah, I asked about it at the trunk show too... I must have been through those books a million times when picking.

chaney1

Reaction score
Are the light brown chukka boots shown at the trunk show the same as the ones for sale on the website? Really like the light brown as opposed to the dark and did not know if this was just the picture or actual color.

Mr Knightly

Reaction score
Kent,

Have you ever considered a tan or camel polo? I've recently been wearing tan sweaters and sportcoats with white jeans during transitional months, and I'd love to be able to wear the same combination in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads