1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Kent, when will you get in more of the white cotton pocket square with the light blue edge?

2. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

I have the black KW balmorals and a pair of dark brown Carmina brogues on a rain last and I would say they are really close. One thing I would note is that I went 8uk in Carmina and 8.5us for KW and both fit perfectly.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the feedback! Interesting that you only went down 1/2 size from US to UK to fit into the Rain last. I wear a 12 in the KW brown captoes, and I was hoping that an 11UK in Rain would work for me (I have fairly narrow feet and actually wear felt tongue pads in my KW's to help them fit more snug, they'd be a tad too wide without them). Do you have much Alden experience? What do you wear in some of their shoes (Barrie, Leydon for example)?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  4. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

nvm question answered

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. astrocyte

astrocyte Well-Known Member

Speaking of shoes, does anyone know if the captoe balmorals will ever be available in black? In the market for some black captoes (not feeling the KW plaintoe for whatever reason) and I like the look of KW's captoes a lot more than the other options at this price (e.g. AE Park Avenues).

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I'd actually like to see a black punched captoe with a medallion on the same last as the brown captoe. I like the look of the handgrade balmoral from DC Lewis that Kent sells, but it doesn't look like they stock those in black.

7. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

any word on polos? they should be in at this point, no?

8. docka

docka Senior member

Based on an email, the navy polo will be restocked on the 8th

9. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Senior member

I want to order 2-3 polo's but the colors I want are backordered or sold out.. anyone know when they will get replenished? I would like them before August 8th.

10. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Lol... seems like every day, someone asks in this thread when polos will be restocked. Why don't you just email KW?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. inq89

inq89 Senior member

Polos are back in stock!

12. inq89

inq89 Senior member

edit: double post

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  13. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

nice, good looks.

just ordered navy and gray

14. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up, inq89!

As if I haven't spent enough on 4th of July sales already... [​IMG]

15. 13g411

13g411 Member

I have noticed an unatural amount of wear in the crotch region of both pair of suitpants I have. They do not feel tight but maybe they are, is this anything you guys have experienced and do you now of any way this can be mitigated? As of now I would wear out a pair in a couple of months wich does not feel ok.

16. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Senior member

How often are you wearing them?

I'm debating ordering a second pair of trousers with my suit. On one hand, it should extended the life of the suit. On the other hand, this is my first mtm suit with kw. I don't expect it to be perfect, and 235 is a lot for one pair of trousers.

This will be my 8th suit, so it's not like I'll be wearing it every day.

Can anyone else weigh in on trouser wear, and whether a second pair is a prudent investment?

Edit: found this thread. Probably ditching the second trousers and moving up a notch or two in fabric.

mafooman made the best argument: "Anyway I like to assume that I'll be fabulously rich by the time my current trousers wear out."

Whether or not I'm rich, I won't be as poor as I am now. Delay the expense. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  17. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Lose weight so your thighs don't rub?

Did you order a higher S-count fabric? Some of the more luxurious stuff is thinner and could wear out quicker.

18. 13g411

13g411 Member

Maybe a weight loss would be suitable for me. However, I think that I'm pretty average when it comes to weigt and body shape (usually wear medium and waist mesurements is 32,5 inches). One pair I have is the A-range which I think is s 110, and one pair i think is s 130, to me I dont notice any differance between the two, its probably the rubbing part. I actually dont think that I can loose that much weigth maybe a coupe of pounds but i dont know if that would make any differance to the rubbbing problem. If any one knows about a tailoring solution to this issue I would appreciate it.

19. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Senior member

Is Kent Wang's sizing up recommendation accurate for the polos (I really want to wear these polos untucked, so I don't want them long)? I am typically a medium in most brands I wear.

Here are my measurements though:

Shoulders: 19.5
    Chest: 42.5,
    pit to pit: 21
    Midsection: 33
    Waist: 32
    Bicep: 16.5
    I'm 5'10'' 174lbs

20. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

A medium will be way too tight on you.

Regardless, if the shirt is too long, making it shorter is an easy alteration.